This should be at street sign, which currently redirects to traffic sign --Lukobe (talk) 03:17, 20 October 2008 (UTC)
- This article could use information on this type of road marker. I don't know the technical name. 188.8.131.52 (talk) 02:37, 1 July 2009 (UTC)
- The following discussion is an archived discussion of the proposal. Please do not modify it. Subsequent comments should be made in a new section on the talk page. No further edits should be made to this section.
The result of the proposal was consensus for move. Appears well supported by Wikipedia naming conventions and uncontroversial.--Fuhghettaboutit (talk) 02:06, 15 July 2009 (UTC)
Cleanup proposal 
Street signs → Street sign — Relisting to gain more input. —harej (talk) (cool!) 23:51, 8 July 2009 (UTC)
- Support. Open and shut: article titles generally ought to be singular as per MOS. Richard New Forest (talk) 18:05, 12 July 2009 (UTC)
- Support. Yah, it's obvious. I may even have tried it myself. —Tamfang (talk) 18:03, 14 July 2009 (UTC)
- The above discussion is preserved as an archive of the proposal. Please do not modify it. Subsequent comments should be made in a new section on this talk page. No further edits should be made to this section.
"the industry" 
- However, the industry as such makes no practical differentation regarding types of signage because no matter what the end purpose of any manufactured sign the production process is identical.
- Although this article is based on North American practices the same methods and systems prevail throughout the world.
The first paragraph is trivial and the second is unsupported ... —Tamfang (talk) 18:12, 6 November 2010 (UTC)
The Gallery is mostly about the USA and needs explanation why these signs and what they say.Xx236 (talk) 12:46, 12 September 2011 (UTC)
If every kind of sign posted on the street is a "street sign", the article will expand hundredfold. I say remove that new section. —Tamfang (talk) 10:06, 23 October 2011 (UTC)
- It could be moved to a new article on so=called "gateway treatments." ---Triskele Jim (talk) 16:54, 24 October 2011 (UTC)
Seeing no objection, I'm removing it, and will store it here in case someone wants to make a new article. —Tamfang (talk) 18:42, 3 December 2011 (UTC)
A roadway-spanning community street sign is one that spans a street or roadway to identify a community. Often these were first used along street car lines during the first half of the twentieth century.
Community street signs have increased in popularity in recent years. As of 2008, San Diego County, California has 10 community street signs. Often illuminated in neon, these signs are typically built using a steel arch to support the sign or the sign can be suspended over the street using cables.
Paris, Belarus 
An interwiki was recently added, to be:Вулічная таблічка, Парыж, which appears to be about street signs in Paris. be:Вулічная таблічка also exists, though it's only one sentence. —Tamfang (talk) 20:13, 24 December 2011 (UTC)