|WikiProject Mexico||(Rated Start-class, High-importance)|
Length of border with Texas
The length of the Tamaulipas-Texas border is described as 370 kilometres or 142.9 miles in the introductory paragraph. The true length of the border is a far cry from either of these figures - closer to 400 kilometres or 250 miles.
Orphaned references in Tamaulipas
I check pages listed in Category:Pages with incorrect ref formatting to try to fix reference errors. One of the things I do is look for content for orphaned references in wikilinked articles. I have found content for some of Tamaulipas's orphans, the problem is that I found more than one version. I can't determine which (if any) is correct for this article, so I am asking for a sentient editor to look it over and copy the correct ref content into this article.
Reference named "inegi":
- From Chihuahua (state): "Mexico en Cifras". INEGI. Retrieved April 9, 2011.
- From Quintana Roo: "Relieve". Cuentame INEGI. Retrieved April 6, 2011.
- From Veracruz: "Mexico en Cifras". INEGI. Retrieved April 9, 2011.
- From Zacatecas: "Mexico en Cifras". INEGI. Retrieved April 9, 2011.
- From San Luis Potosí: "Mexico en Cifras". INEGI. Retrieved April 6, 2011.
- From List of Mexican states by population: (Spanish) Website of the National Institute of Statistics, Geography, and Data Processing
- From State of Mexico: INEGI (1997). Estado de México Guía Turística]. INEGI. ISBN 970-13-1194-9.
- From Yucatán: "Mexico en Cifras". INEGI. Retrieved April 9, 2011.
- From Tabasco: "Mexico en Cifras". INEGI. Retrieved April 7, 2011.
- From Sonora: "Mexico en Cifras". INEGI. Retrieved April 6, 2011.
I apologize if any of the above are effectively identical; I am just a simple computer program, so I can't determine whether minor differences are significant or not. AnomieBOT⚡ 01:17, 20 August 2012 (UTC)
Large oil deposits found
I know this is recent news, but Tamaulipas has gained worldwide attention for its crude oil deposit discovery. Pemex estimates that it can make up nearly one-third of the company's annual production.  ComputerJA (talk) 22:36, 30 August 2012 (UTC)
This is a huge area for drug trafficking and cartel violence and it seems like a huge oversight that it is not even mentioned. Otherwise, it sounds like an entry written by a local chamber of commerce. The effect of the drug trade on economics, politics and crime should be acknowledged. 220.127.116.11 (talk) 10:51, 16 July 2013 (UTC)