I am not sure I see the relevance of a film that was never completed. Is it an attempt at claiming priority status over ET or something? The Last Heretic (talk) 05:04, 20 April 2008 (UTC)
- This article also covers Bankubabur Bandhu, the story which the movie was going to be based on. There are also plenty of other cancelled films which have their own articles. Jagged 85 (talk) 15:46, 18 October 2008 (UTC)
- As long as it has news coverage, it qualifies as notable. Dream Focus 00:19, 20 April 2009 (UTC)
Requested move 
- The following discussion is an archived discussion of a requested move. Please do not modify it. Subsequent comments should be made in a new section on the talk page. Editors desiring to contest the closing decision should consider a move review. No further edits should be made to this section.
The result of the move request was: Moved to The Alien (film) Mike Cline (talk) 16:50, 27 August 2012 (UTC)
The Alien → The Alien (film) – "The Alien" should redirect to the disambiguation page Alien, since "The Alien" is frequently used to refer to the creature from the Alien franchise as well. 22.214.171.124 (talk) 12:49, 17 August 2012 (UTC)
- Feel free to state your position on the renaming proposal by beginning a new line in this section with
*'''Oppose''', then sign your comment with
~~~~. Since polling is not a substitute for discussion, please explain your reasons, taking into account Wikipedia's policy on article titles.
- Support Alien_(creature_in_Alien_franchise) has been viewed 77081 times in the last 30 days. The_Alien has been viewed 2620 times in the last 30 days. So obvious the more likely search target should be the one it goes to, if it is actually referred to anywhere as "the alien". I think most just type in "alien". Anyway, sending it the disambiguate page makes sense. Dream Focus 02:06, 18 August 2012 (UTC)
- Oppose: I don't understand how a film character can have equal importance as a film. Is it pertinent to judge which is a primary topic just by looking at the article traffic? The official title of the film is "The Alien" and it is unique to the film. Secret of success (talk) 16:37, 18 August 2012 (UTC)
- Some films are really obscure, and other films have characters whom everyone knows. What's difficult to understand about that? Powers T 00:51, 22 August 2012 (UTC)
- This film was never made, it was cancelled. -- 126.96.36.199 (talk) 04:20, 22 August 2012 (UTC)
- Support per Dream Focus' reasoning. Powers T 00:51, 22 August 2012 (UTC)
- Any additional comments:
- The above discussion is preserved as an archive of a requested move. Please do not modify it. Subsequent comments should be made in a new section on this talk page or in a move review. No further edits should be made to this section.