Talk:Timeline of antibiotics
|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the Timeline of antibiotics article.|
|WikiProject Pharmacology||(Rated List-class, Mid-importance)|
Ciprofloxacin is not in the list. are others missing?
- now it's been added to the list. If you find any ommisions don't hersitate to find out and fill gaps. Kpjas 13:38, 21 Nov 2004 (UTC)
- I added Prontosil and Sulfanilimide, they're very old, and interesting for that very reason. User:Ray Van De Walker
I don't have the dates handy but someone should add Isoniazid.
- It is (albeit a narrow-spectre antibiotic). I also included Neosalvarsan, introduced in 1912. --188.8.131.52 19:00, 8 February 2007 (UTC)
Optochin should be mentioned- see http://books.google.com.au/books?id=VFetCminBT4C&pg=PA74&lpg=PA74&dq=optochin+blindness&source=bl&ots=AoZE2ISRP9&sig=kZqNuGqCB1_MVqzMwOObzTEc1ow&hl=en&ei=fdC8Sb3tL5K-kAX1zpiXCA&sa=X&oi=book_result&resnum=4&ct=result It is was used briefly to treat pneumococcal pneumonia. The compound is active but caused blindness! 184.108.40.206 (talk) 09:58, 15 March 2009 (UTC)
I'm less interested in the fact that penicillin isn't listed than I am in what the "bug" is in the Wikipedia process that led to this omission. And, no, I'm not willing to count the later inclusion of penicillin G procaine as mitigating. Jim Bowery (talk) 16:49, 24 November 2011 (UTC)
First in each class
- I couldn't find a dated summary elsewhere so I've indicated some here. Incidentally the UK press is widely saying that the most recent class introduced was in 1987.  implies it was the Fluoroquinolones - Rod57 (talk) 00:26, 13 March 2013 (UTC)
- fusidic acid (1962) could be the first or only sterol antibiotic ? - Rod57 (talk) 12:22, 13 March 2013 (UTC)