|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the Tom Green article.|
|This article must adhere to the biographies of living persons policy, even if it is not a biography, because it contains material about living persons. Unsourced or poorly sourced contentious material about living persons must be removed immediately from the article and its talk page, especially if potentially libellous. If such material is repeatedly inserted, or if you have other concerns, please report the issue to this noticeboard. If you are connected to one of the subjects of this article and need help, please see this page.|
|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
- 1 Rex Murphy
- 2 Standup Comedy Tour
- 3 Further Rap Career
- 4 Arrested?
- 5 Testicular Cancer
- 6 ADD?
- 7 Razzie Awards
- 8 Anticipating Vandalism
- 9 Rapper/MC/sound production
- 10 Doubling Letterman
- 11 Forum killed by 4chan, Green asking for Counter-Raid
- 12 Online Petition
- 13 Name Change?
- 14 Live show raid
- 15 Barrel Roll
- 16 Pirates of Silicon Valley
- 17 America's Got Talent
- 18 Clarification Please
- 19 Fear Factor
- 20 Appareance on AOTS 1000th Show
- 21 4Chan spammers
- 22 adding category
- 23 Major revamp of page in development
He named his bird Rex Murphy! That's hilarious, shouldn't we say "Canadian radio personality" and maybe link it to Rex's entry? —Preceding unsigned comment added by 22.214.171.124 (talk) 03:57, 7 March 2011 (UTC)
Standup Comedy Tour
Information has been added. I will remove the Scandinavia dates as they were cancelled for some reason, although Tom did state that the dates were being scheduled. Until then, I will remove it.
Further Rap Career
- Update to this in May 2010. Although on his web show, he joked about stopping comedy and pursuing rap exclusively, he still intends on releasing his "first major American rap album" this year. Two tracks we know about is "It's Been A Long Time Coming" and "Other Side Of The World" and it is produced by Detail. This information has been put on the article and can be verified on interviews as well as his site Marty2Hotty (talk) 08:26, 27 May 2010 (UTC)
Has he ever been? I've seen people threaten to call the cops on him, and a cop once grabbing him by the back on the collar, but never heard of it actually happening. —Preceding unsigned comment added by The snare (talk • contribs) 06:03, 8 November 2006 (UTC)
He once said an email that he hasn't, but I don't have a citation for it. Socby19 21:17, 5 April 2007 (UTC)SocBy19
There should probably be more info on Tom's bout with testicular cancer in the article, as it only gets a short mention. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 126.96.36.199 (talk) 02:44, 1 August 2006 (UTC)
- Tom Green did in fact have testicular cancer but survived it - hence his 2004 book "Hollywood Causes Cancer". I think I have updated his wikipedia article to the best and categorized his cancer battle and included it in his personal life section. I think there was just enough mention of it as well. Marty2Hotty (talk) 03:38, 1 May 2010 (UTC)
There is a cartoon voiced by Green in which he says he has ADD. It could be just joking at the fact that his material is quite random but there is a possibility he really has ADD... —Preceding unsigned comment added by 188.8.131.52 (talk) 11:37, 1 July 2006 (UTC)
-The cartoon you're referring to is Clone High, and Tom voiced himself on the show. His character has A.D.D. and is trying to spread awareness about A.D.D. through his "new book". He also talks about potato chips, his muscle, and a ferris wheel, and then proceeds to chase a floating plastic bag. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 184.108.40.206 (talk) 02:43, 1 August 2006 (UTC)
"Green appeared at the ceremony to accept his awards, making him the first recipient to do so in the award's twenty-year history."
Not true, Paul Verhoeven accepted a Razzi in 1996 for Showgirls. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_Raspberry_Awards
--He was the first "actor" to accept in person. Verhoeven was a director. 220.127.116.11 05:15, 18 April 2007 (UTC)
Just a head's up, the /b/tards of 4chan have a new meme going and they're pranking Tom Green's call-in show. There was already some 4chan meme spam on here that I deleted. It may or not get worse, so mods, keep an eye on this page. --jeffrey elliot 06:14, 20 August 2006 (UTC)
First off, it's not really a meme. Secondly, while this article probably will get vandalized, might the pranking get a mention on either this page, or 4chan's (probably the latter)? While not really a major event in Green's life, it's fairly big for us at /b/. Trebs 23:14, 1 September 2006 (UTC)
- (comment doesn't make sense because of vandalism in attempt to enforce rules 1 and 2, since reverted) —/Mendaliv/2¢/Δ's/ 23:39, 8 March 2009 (UTC)
Tom Green (aka MC FACE) is true to the style of a rhyme sayer and a mind slayer.. check it. no joke its a sound to only be attempted by those who are forward thinkers and honestly very hip to the hop of the flow of life at any given moment. MUCH RESPECT TO YOU MR.Green for teachin' the kids that creative output is on the spot, very thoughtful and also mood enhancing..
Relating to almost all things that could be done with sound, like studio know-how and mic-controlling, Tom is a truly gifted hobby-ist IN SOUND PRODUCTION adding mad flavor to the BEAT of the street and droppin' the wise gab of tha' fab.
-- peace and groove love and style!! thanks for the laughs TOM.. email@example.com (collab with me, just contact)
I removed the part about episodes of Tom Green's web show doubling the ratings of David Letterman. It's ridiciulous. I seriously f***ing doubt that Tom Green Live gets eight million viewers a night.
Forum killed by 4chan, Green asking for Counter-Raid
Seems like the Tom Green Forums were the target of another so-called raid by 4chan(specifically /b/)'s Users. I've received this eMail today:
The following is an email sent to you by an administrator of "tomgreen.com - The Channel". If this message is spam, contains abusive or other comments you find offensive please contact the webmaster of the board at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org Include this full email (particularly the headers). Message sent to you follows: 21:37, 26 October 2006 (UTC)21:37, 26 October 2006 (UTC)21:37, 26 October 2006 (UTC)21:37, 26 October 2006 (UTC)21:37, 26 October 2006 (UTC)18.104.22.168 Due to the recent raid the forum is going to be under some changes, there will be an end to it soon enough and everyone can go back to enjoying themselves, without being bothered by 4chan of any kind. sorry you guys all had to go through this but 4chan hit us hard this time. ~Snix
His reaction was posted on the forums as well:
"Tim, you've got to do something about these 4chan whores. They are really a pain in the ass. It's not even fun to go the website sometimes because they are always f*&%ing it up. Please Ted, fix it!! " Sent by a Shepherd, from Hell
Tom: "go fuck up their site. Pussy's. I like 4chan, at least they commit!"
I think this could/should be mentioned in the part of the article referring to Tom Green Live, next to the continuos prank calls mainly done by 4chan users.
If requested, I can cite a screenshot of the mail and http://tomgreen.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1807 for the answer.
- Who cares? Why are you bringing this to Wikipedia's attention? A bunch of anime forum retards are invading Tom Green's forums. So what? What does this have to do with wikipedia or this article? Have you considered that most wikipedia users don't care about 4chan or forum invasions? 22.214.171.124 20:09, 29 November 2006 (UTC)
- That's a bit of an outrageous statement, I'm sure there are many Wikipedia users who go on ebaumsworld, and are interested in forum invasions. It could do with a mention, but I won't press the issue, as I don't really care. If enough users want it added, and the moderators/admins deem the addition to be reasonable, then it will be added. Sandwiches99 03:14, 23 June 2007 (UTC)
If you ask me, I beleive the whole 4Chan attack should be dropped from the article. It's getting pretty pathetic and has no damaging effects on Green, his life, or his career (which this article is mostly about). It's only a smart part, and a pretty sad one too.
- Did Eric actually go through and have his members edit this to remove Ebaumsworld?EmoHobo 11:58, 24 August 2007 (UTC)
- Yeah, I think this entire 4chan "raid" or whatever they wish to call it is not worth mentioning in Tom Green's wikipedia article. I do think they are a bunch of internet geeks that seek to get attention and get their name out there - even on Green's wikipedia page. It's irrelvant and I don't think it should be noted Marty2Hotty (talk) 08:23, 27 May 2010 (UTC)
In the section about the Tom Green Show 2009 Campaign, there is a list of notable signatories to the online petition. Is there any verifiable evidence, outside the petition itself, that these people actually signed? With most online petitions, it is trivial to sign under any name you choose, thus making a list of "Famous People who signed the petition" relatively worthless (unless, of course, these individuals are on record elsewhere as having signed, in which case that information should be linked here as well) Audrina 08:29, 3 February 2007 (UTC)
This should probably go under tom green live, but it's archived. Has Tom Green Live changed it's name back to "The Tom Green Show, Live from Los Angeles California"?
Live show raid
Should it be mentioned that ebaums raided his live online show for quite a while by calling in pranks, especially during "girl talk"? Relyt22
- I personally don't think it is worth mentioning. There is good detail on his internet show and he has done hundreds of shows. It might be worth mentioning on the page "Tom Green's House Tonight" though in a sub-section Marty2Hotty (talk) 08:21, 27 May 2010 (UTC)
Could someone please tell me how all of the prank calls where people yell barrel roll got started? 126.96.36.199 20:23, 14 August 2007 (UTC)
- Ask Google. I would tell you, but then I would either have to assimilate or kill you. ;D Octane [improve me] 16.08.07 0402 (UTC)
- octane, don't worry about it; it was ebaums. 188.8.131.52 00:54, 22 August 2007 (UTC)
- Wikipedia actually has a sub-section on "Barrel Roll" and Tom Green actually talked about it on "The Circle" (morning Australia talk show) where a fan asked him to do a barrel roll and Green described it as an internet meme. I don't even know when it originated on Tom's show but I'm sure it happened when he had a guest and someone asked about it. For some reason, people keep bringing it back to him. I'm guessing it occurred sometime in 2007 Marty2Hotty (talk) 08:19, 27 May 2010 (UTC)
Pirates of Silicon Valley
I higly doubt this movie should be in his filmography - 184.108.40.206 18:39, 21 September 2007 (UTC)
America's Got Talent
The article states that Tom had a stuntman do the stunt, but upon watching the video that isn't the case, exactly. Tom Green clearly does the skateboard stunt, but he lands and disappears backstage. At this point, 'Tom' runs back out and is on fire; and I believe THIS is the stuntman. A man chases him with a fire extinguisher in a cricle around the stage, he disappears backstage again and then re-emerges with comically tattered clothing.
This article makes a lot of gossipy comments about Tom and his former wife, Drew Barrymore. Some of them might make more sense to people who understood the context, than to the average reader.Landroo (talk) 02:24, 11 May 2008 (UTC)
Fear Factor and it's format existed long before Tom Green. If it's based on anything it's based on Now or Never from the early Nineties. http://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Now_or_Never Robin.lemstra (talk) 10:15, 20 June 2008 (UTC)
I just saw that a rapper named tommy green was featured in a song with bobby faithful. The song is called weed song and its on www.myspace.com/bobbyfaithful kinda interested to see if its this tom green if anyone knows. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 220.127.116.11 (talk) 22:57, 13 January 2009 (UTC)
Appareance on AOTS 1000th Show
When Tom Green smashed up the robots, does anyone know if that was intentional or was no one (on the show) expecting it? —Preceding unsigned comment added by 18.104.22.168 (talk) 00:04, 11 July 2009 (UTC)
I think you guys should lock this page because anonymous (/b/tards and newfags) may attack this page.
- Maybe but they haven't yet. If they do it can easily be reverted and the page protected if required. If you see repeated vandalism here or anywhere else, the best places to report it are WP:AIV for vandalism and WP:RFPP for page protection requests. Euryalus (talk) 05:13, 11 July 2009 (UTC)
Might I suggest that you add the category "Category:Canadian comedians" for Tom Green? I noticed quite a few Canadian comedians were not so categorized, and I've been adding the category.Miss Ivonne (talk) 21:31, 28 February 2010 (UTC)
Major revamp of page in development
I will be making it my project to organize the page and remove any unnecessary paragraphs (or summarize) in the "more mainstream" section and to clean up the page to be more encyclopedic. More focus will be on TomGreen.com as well as he spent a large majority of the last 3-4 years on his internet show Marty2Hotty (talk) 16:22, 19 March 2010 (UTC)
- I added a "personal life" section as there is little-to-no mention about his fight with testicular cancer. I presume due to the previous vandalism that the information was lost in the mix. Soon, I intend on cleaning up the categories - separating his careers with "television, film, music career, book, more mainstream" - as there seems to be a lot of redundant information and later appears as a "newest update". Marty2Hotty (talk) 15:29, 10 April 2010 (UTC)
- I feel that the page has been better organized now. Feel free to discuss here if you disagree. There may be a lot of information on there though but I feel it is much better than before. Marty2Hotty (talk) 20:10, 18 April 2010 (UTC)