|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
View archived messages here: Archive 1.
Calling For Pictures about Papillae
There is no good picture about papillae in the current article.
Pictures are needed for papilla vallata, papilla filiformis and papilla fungiformis. Some pictures about the rudimentary papillas, papilla foliata, can be useful too.
I will do it when I get a preparate next time to my hand - about 10 months from today. Let's hope someone is faster than me. — Preceding unsigned comment added by SaminTietokirja (talk • contribs) 12:42, 16 June 2012 (UTC)
"Big tongue fetish"
My ISP blocked me from visiting the following EL:
http://www.youtongue.com/ "Big Tongue Fetish"
Proposed merge with Posterior tongue
Needlessly fragmented to have articles on the anterior and posterior aspects of the tongue, this content would be better presented in a single place, with context given by the rest of the article. LT910001 (talk) 08:42, 27 December 2013 (UTC)
Proposed merge with Muscles of tongue
I have proposed this merge, between the muscles page and this article, because:
- Musculature is already covered on the main article, 'tongue'.
- Musculature is an essential part of the tongue
- There are only four external and four intrinsic muscles and it is detrimental to the quality of both articles to have them in this separate, fragmented form.
- There is no unique anatomical structure called 'muscles of tongue', except in Gray's Anatomy, so this article would be better displayed where it is useful.
- There is no need for the information on musculature to be hidden away on a separate article. This means the information is not presented as it could be, and it is needlessly fragmented.
- If necessary, the article on musculature could be expanded at a later date.
- As can be seen, by having two separate articles content is already duplicated and/or displayed on one or either article, rather than displayed in a central place on just one article LT910001 (talk) 07:33, 29 December 2013 (UTC)