|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the Tony Yayo article.|
|This article must adhere to the biographies of living persons policy, even if it is not a biography, because it contains material about living persons. Contentious material about living persons that is unsourced or poorly sourced must be removed immediately from the article and its talk page, especially if potentially libellous. If such material is repeatedly inserted, or if you have other concerns, please report the issue to this noticeboard. If you are connected to one of the subjects of this article and need help, please see this page.|
|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
|This article has an assessment summary page.|
Tony Yayo claims to be 29, but he is actually ten years older. This site should show the facts, not whatever Tony claims to be. 22.214.171.124 19:47, 11 July 2007 (UTC)
- He is 29. You dont have to believe everything that The Game says., See archived talk for the previous talk on this topic. Thanks --The-G-Unit-Boss 20:19, 11 July 2007 (UTC)
- I have added a reference in the article to his offender page which correctly shows his birth date.
- --The-G-Unit-Boss 16:11, 13 July 2007 (UTC)
Please explain to me how Yayo's comments about Ghostface Killah do not fit under the controversy section when the section about Jim Jones is there with very similar circumstances (verbal arguing back and forth).--Urzadek 23:32, 13 July 2007 (UTC)
- Hi, With the Jim Jones situation, there was a number of 'diss' tracks released from the artists. With the Ghostface Killah situation, Tony Yayo was commenting that he was not a good artists etc. There are probably hundreds of artists that Tony Yayo has disrespected, also there has been no reply from Ghostface and it cannot, therefore, be classed as a controversy.
- Thanks --The-G-Unit-Boss 09:53, 14 July 2007 (UTC)
- There should be at least a mention. A sentence, such as "Bernard has also made negative comments about [name the artists]." should be used. --- Realest4Life 02:09, 25 July 2007 (UTC)
- If we can collect more of these situations we can create a subheading '===Other controversies===' under his '==Controversy==' section --The-G-Unit-Boss 09:24, 25 July 2007 (UTC)
He called himself Yayo because he said all he saw was crack when he was younger. Then the name Tony came in because it stands for Talk of new york. I thought I should mention it.—Preceding unsigned comment added by 126.96.36.199 (talk • contribs)
Right after 'fixing' the birthplace back to Queens, I noticed that User:The-G-Unit-Boss just has changed that to Port-au-Prince, Haiti. The cited reference (IMDB) however lists him as born in Queens NY. Foreign language wiki site have him also listed as born in Queens. WTF?
@The-G-Unit-Boss: Do you have any references to the claim that he was born in Haiti?? If so please cite them and change the bio text also. I was thinking someone vandalized this ... -- Cooper.ch 22:20, 5 September 2007 (UTC)
- Hi, Sorry if I offended you somehow with my revert. I didn't look at the reference. But from what Tony Yayo says, it seems that he was born in Haiti. In an interview when he was saying that Jim Jones disrespected him by saying he was a immigrant. he Said that Jim Jones was disrespecting "Every Haitan on the planet" so i'm not too sure, I'll look into it. -- 16:59, 6 September 2007 (UTC)
- Huh, no problem! I should've looked into the article's history before fixing that. My bad! I did some research myself but it's really difficult. Many ppl may have used WP as a reference when writing a bio about Yayo. Unless you find an official document or an interview where he states that himself I think it will be hard to prove whatever is right. --Cooper.ch 19:52, 7 September 2007 (UTC) —Preceding unsigned comment added by Cooper.ch (talk • contribs)
Did anyone see Tony Yayo and the rest of G-Unit on Rap City. It seemed like nothing was going on. I dont get how they say one thing but then write down another. First of all under the controversy section of Yayo's page... under Jim Jones after all those comments they should put..... " Although, recently on 9/13/07 on BET's Rap City Jim Jones and Tony Yayo actually hugged and talked to each other in a respectable manor." JUst wanted to let yall know that.... ima try to holla at yayo to see whats really been happening.... —Preceding unsigned comment added by 188.8.131.52 (talk) 21:59, 25 September 2007 (UTC)
Is this image really Tony Yayo? The last thing I want to do is remove legitimate content, but you can't see his face. Anyway, there will be a new picture added to the infobox likely before the end of the week. I emailed a photographer and he allowed it to be used here. I'm not uploading it now because I haven't received a reply from the WP:OTRS team yet. So the basketball picture (if it's real) will probably be moved further down the article. Spellcast 11:17, 26 September 2007 (UTC)
- This image is really Tony Yayo, proof is here. and in other villanova tony yayo youtube and google searches.I added the pic only because there was no other ones, but now that there is a better pic, it doesnt really matter. just wanted to let everyone know that it is in fact real Novanut35 16:09, 26 September 2007 (UTC) —Preceding unsigned comment added by Novanut35 (talk • contribs) 16:05, 26 September 2007 (UTC)
- As far as I know, the "Tony" stands for "Talk Of New York" and the "Yayo" is slang for cocaine/crack. -- 16:45, 29 April 2008 (UTC)
Date of birth?
So how come there is no date of birth listed? i thought he was in prison, so couldnt you view prison records to verify this? — Preceding unsigned comment added by 184.108.40.206 (talk) 22:14, 26 September 2009 (UTC)
- Yes, go to this website and look his Dept. ID Number up, it's 03-A-2339. Andrewlp1991 (talk) 00:08, 27 September 2009 (UTC)
Just browsing through and I'm wondering why Interscope isn't listed in his infobox? Just because he isn't signed doesn't mean it should be removed. The infobox guidelines say to list all labels the artist has ever been signed to. Snoop isn't signed to Priority, Death Row, etc. still, but we list them. Much the same way of Dr. Dre not being signed to Death Row anymore, but we still list him. Just wondering if there was any specfic reason it was removed or if the basis was "he isn't signed anymore"? --HELLØ ŦHERE 16:41, 16 November 2009 (UTC) The movie that he is in called Swat Firefight isnt in production anymore it came out March 1, 2011 — Preceding unsigned comment added by 220.127.116.11 (talk) 03:13, 25 July 2011 (UTC)