|WikiProject Dogs / Breeds||(Rated C-class, Low-importance)|
|WikiProject Japan / Culture / Flora and fauna||(Rated C-class, Mid-importance)|
Modern Dog Fighting?
I suggest that the unscholarly and somewhat offensive phrase (presumably written by a Japanese person) "For foreigners it is hard to comprehend how it is possible to transform a dog breed into a wrestler" is removed or rephrased. Suitsyou 15:39, 25 September 2006 (UTC)
- That claim is unsourced and nobody has made an argument for keeping it, so I'm going to just take it out. If anyone thinks it should be re-added or rephrased, go for it and let us know what your rationale is. There are other examples of unscholarly tone in the article, for example "Early socialization is paramount for a well-rounded Tosa-Ken" and simliar statements. Better I think to source these statements and rephrase them along the lines of "Many Tosa experts argue x" with footnotes.--Eloil 17:20, 8 May 2007 (UTC)
- I didn't. To see why there were removed, you might look them up to see whether they are:
- Specific to one breeder
- Covered with more ads & commercial info than encyclopedic info
- Personal web sites about a specific dog or one person's dogs
- Things like that make the links inappropriate for an encyclopedia.
Dangerous dogs act
I was wondering why the article made no reference to the UK Dangerous Dogs Act 1991 - the breeding of Tosas is illegal in Britain because of it's vicious reputation. Ownership is restricted. It is one of four dog breeds to have these restrictions imposed - the American Pitbull Terrier, Dogo Argentinas and FIla Brasiliera are the other three.
A picture of this breed would be nice. Leftist 09:29, 27 December 2005 (UTC)
I agree.Cameron Nedland 00:21, 6 March 2006 (UTC)
- I added request template at top of this page. In theory, when photos have been added, the template is removed. Elf | Talk 02:20, 6 March 2006 (UTC)
I added the Category:Domesticated animals of Japan so that the Tosa would be findable from that Category page.
Photo not of a Tosa?
The photo on the main page doesn't look much like a Tosa to me. Is that not a Rhodesian Ridgeback? Thiophene222 14:00, 4 August 2007 (UTC)
- Yeah, I've just had the same question asked - they do look just close enough to be confused, though. I've left a note on the Dogs project to see if anyone there can help. Shimgray | talk | 19:54, 27 March 2008 (UTC)
Ambiguous sentence in lead paragraph
The lead paragraph ends with: "It was originally bred in Tosa (present day Kōchi) as a fighting dog and still is today." Does that means it is still bred in Tosa, or that it is still bred as a fighting dog in Tosa? 7&6=thirteen (☎) 20:47, 16 May 2013 (UTC)
Dear users I just added photo of a real Tosa (name: Boss). This is a proven show dog breed in Serbia and Montenegro. It has been in dog fights (as well), with the first owner in former Yugoslavia. As a matter of fact, Boss has been Champion of Serbia and Montenegro in 2005 (4 x CACIB / CAC). This fact is available at Serbian dog association in Belgrade.
- Looking at the user contributions, I guess you are 184.108.40.206, 220.127.116.11, 18.104.22.168, etc. What you did was pushing this user's images at here and other language WPs and it's cross wiki spamming. It is also against WP:NPOV and could be WP:COI. Please stop pushing and adding your images to the articles. You wouldn't have known it was a champion dog in 2005 if you are not the owner of the dog and the uploader as the commons files tell nothing. Oda Mari (talk) 17:11, 22 August 2013 (UTC)