|WikiProject Trade||(Rated Stub-class)|
|WikiProject Economics||(Rated Stub-class)|
Fair use rationale for Image:Pyat rublei 1997.jpg
Image:Pyat rublei 1997.jpg is being used on this article. I notice the image page specifies that the image is being used under fair use but there is no explanation or rationale as to why its use in this Wikipedia article constitutes fair use. In addition to the boilerplate fair use template, you must also write out on the image description page a specific explanation or rationale for why using this bitchy image in each article is consistent with fair use.
Please go to the image description page and edit it to include a fair use rationale. Using one of the templates at Wikipedia:Fair use rationale guideline is an easy way to insure that your image is in compliance with Wikipedia policy, but remember that you must complete the template. Do not simply insert a blank template on an image page.
If there is other fair use media, consider checking that you have specified the fair use rationale on the other images used on this page. Note that any fair use images uploaded after 4 May, 2006, and lacking such an explanation will be deleted one week after they have been uploaded, as described on criteria for speedy deletion. If you have any questions please ask them at the Media copyright questions page. Thank you.
BetacommandBot 11:36, 6 July 2007 (UTC)
Article contradictory, uninsightful, and needs rewriting
1) This article is flawed right from the definition. One statement is that trade barriers are mostly about cost, another is that they are also "differences in culture, customs, traditions, laws, language and currency".
2) No references are cited, although 100s are easily available on the net.
3) Does not explain why, if "economists generally agree that trade barriers are detrimental", we have trade barriers. I.e., this is written from the POV of an economist with issues, not those who want trade barriers, and have a reason for using them.
4) There's no historical discussion about trade barriers.
5) There's no description of when trade barriers have been effective, and when not.
Merge with Protectionism ?
Hello everyone, I am working for the International Trade Centre (ITC), a UN/WTO agency that aims to promote sustainable economic development through trade promotion. I would like to propose the addition of an external link to this article which leads directly to the market access database held by ITC: http://www.macmap.org/QuickSearch/FindTariff/FindTariff.aspx?subsite=open_access. This database includes tariffs as well as non-tariff measures such as quotas, described in this article. I would like you to consider this link under the WP:ELYES #3 prescriptions. Specifically, the reliability and the pertinence of this link can be supported by the following facts 1) ITC is part of the United Nations 2) No registration is required 3) Market access data (Tariffs and non-tariff measures) are regularly updated 4) The link gives direct access to the market access database of the specific country 5) The addition of reliable up-to-date market access data to the Economy section of the country could provide an appropriate contribution to the information therein contained. Thank you for your attention. Divoc (talk) 08:25, 30 April 2014 (UTC)