Talk:UMB World Three-cushion Championship
|WikiProject Cue sports||(Rated Start-class, High-importance)|
Rename & cleanup/expand
This should just move to UMB World Three-cushion Championship, with an intro that talks about the event, and a history section or something. No need to split out "List of ... Champions" articles when the event itself has no article, much less a long one that would benefit from champs being moved into separate list. — SMcCandlish [talk] [cont] ‹(-¿-)› 13:46, 13 September 2007 (UTC)
- Rename complete, but the cleanup/expansion still needs to be done.
Conflict with similar article
Er, the list in this article bears no resemblance whatever to that of List of world three-cushion billiards champions. They are in two different worlds, and should maybe be titled accordingly—eg, the US "world championship" vs the European "world championship". It's complicated by the fact that both articles cite the same organisations, viz, the Billiards World Cup Association and Union Mondiale de Billard. Bjenks (talk) 08:41, 7 March 2013 (UTC)
- That's a nonsense argument, as this isn't a list article, but a general article about the UMB World Three-cushion Championship. Also the fact, that the list on this article contains more information, than the one on List of world three-cushion billiards champions means only, that the latter should be expanded (if possible).
Also the title of this article is very clear, and doesn't need renaming. The other should maybe moved to some other title, but it is not clear to which name. It looks like List of world three-cushion billiards champions was compiled by the criteria to include everybody, who is named three-cushion world champion in a specific year. Some examples
- Both articles list Marco Zanetti as the 2002 champion and Torbjörn Blomdahl as the 1987 champion.
- The 1989 champion on UMB World Three-cushion Championship is Ludo Dielis, but on List of world three-cushion billiards champions is Torbjörn Blomdahl. Which association organised this world championship? Or is that a miss-reading on the list, as there were 5 World Cup events that year in the UMB? Has Blomdahl won one of these, but isn't a world champion this year at all? (Referenced to Billiards: The Official Rules and Records Book.) Also the 1931, 1936 and 1948 champions are different on both lists.
- Also List of world three-cushion billiards champions contains years, where UWB didn't held the championship at all. Which association organised these tournaments? Or were these challenge matches?
- Maybe List of world three-cushion billiards champions should be expanded to contain all three-cushion world champions, where also Billiards World Cup Association#BWA World Three-cushion_Champions should be included. However how should winners on neither the UMB and BWA list marked? Armbrust The Homunculus 08:23, 8 March 2013 (UTC)