Talk:V. S. Achuthanandan
|This article must adhere to the biographies of living persons policy, even if it is not a biography, because it contains material about living persons. Contentious material about living persons that is unsourced or poorly sourced must be removed immediately from the article and its talk page, especially if potentially libellous. If such material is repeatedly inserted, or if you have other concerns, please report the issue to this noticeboard. If you are connected to one of the subjects of this article and need help, please see this page.|
|WikiProject Biography||(Rated Start-class)|
|WikiProject India / Kerala / Politics||(Rated Start-class, Mid-importance)|
The post in question is equivalent to that of a Pro-Vice-Cancellor for an institution that controls several state owned Engineering colleges. And hence the post should be filled by a person possessing at least a PhD and Masters in Engineering while the appointed V. A. Arun Kumar possesses only an undergraduate degree and that too in a non-science faculty. State statements above are not neutral and factually wrong. VA Arunkumar has post graduate degree. Equivalency with Pro VC is a fuzzy concept. What is meaning of a Pro-VC in an institution that just administrates some colleges ??? These is often used as a means to give high salary. It was devices before VA Arunkumar became the director. Hence no point in arguing this. Most of the allegations are found baseless by committees and courts. Why then continue the propoganda ? It is very easy to make allegations politically. — Preceding unsigned comment added by 220.127.116.11 (talk) 04:59, 20 December 2013 (UTC)
- He made a political issue of the recent Tsunami wave which hit the coastal areas of the state, and in one incident was nearly man handled. The second was to openly use foul language the then Chief Minister A.K Antony, and also referring to the Congress party leader Sonia Gandhi as an "old hag/old woman". His statements against the recently started Smart City plans in the city of Kochi, have also created much uproar.
- -Bijee 08:54, 18 July 2005 (UTC)
Bijee... u have done a good thing. some people are worried about the materials somebody writen abour a k antony and mr.ommen chandy. such type of materials are to be avoided. but the people who are worried about ommen chandy and a k antony are not woried about v s achuthandan. this is also some sort of bias. so avoid such writing. otherwise editing war will happen ---
I have edited the document in order to to add more information on Comrade VS.I want to add some more things about his recent political and other activities,from a neutral point of view.Will do that sometime later,unless someone else does that by then.
This article is slowly getting distorted. Same contents are getting repeated one below the other. It has lost all meaning and easiness to read. This article can focus on:- 1. Who is Achuthandan 2. What are his political thoughts and positions held by him. 3. What are the political posts which he could have held (eg: CM chair), and what denied him from getting that. 4. The ongoing crisis of Pinarayi v/s V.S for the upcoming elections.--Qmsarge 10:02, 17 March 2006 (UTC)
This article is trying only to glorify VS. But there are a lot of controversial comments and activities from his side. Moreover, nowadays he is not agreeable to some (lost majority in CPI (M)- state council) of his party members too. Considering these facts I really doubt about the neutrality of this article. Remembering some of his good moves as the opposition leader.
Ezhavas are the largest community in Kerala (more than 50% of Hindus)and were engaged in a variety of occupations. They were farmers,weavers and there were many ayurvedic doctors and scholars. There is a small section in the community who are in the toddy and alcohol business. Calling all Ezhavas or the community as "Toddy tappers" is steroetyping.
This is yet another article that is highly partisanal. The issue is local: two groups of a political party (Communist Party of India (Marxist) are waging a sectarian dogfight through media in the South Indian State of Kerala. Both the groups are not sparing any means -- including Wikipedia pages -- to wage their polemical battle. This article should be thoroughly rewritten. (Weblogan 03:29, 2 March 2007 (UTC))
- I think Weblogan has strong bias against something. Who is waging war here? Weblogan or others? See M.N.Vijayan's page also to decide.
And also please see Pinarayi Vijayan, the other side of M.N. Vijayan and V. S. Achuthanandan in the proxy war on the net, spoiling a nice project like wikipedia. This is a talk page, at least, please sign articles Weblogan 15:29, 29 July 2007 (UTC)
VS is supposed to have joined the CPI in 1940. In 1940, he was only 17 years old. This is what the CPI Constitution says about membership:
Any Indian citizen, eighteen years of age or above, who accepts the programme and constitution of the party, agrees to work in one of the party organisations, to pay regularly the party membership fee and levy and to cary out decisions of the party shall be eligible for membership
Weblogan 03:24, 18 August 2007 (UTC)
- I don't think the CPI constitution has remained unchanged since 1940 though. --Soman 14:46, 18 August 2007 (UTC)
- Though communist parties' constitutions say only above a certain age can be inducted to Party, in the early days, often the age barrier was overlooked. Communist parties, due to ideological reasons, did not have official youth wing till late 1970s at the all india level. (refer Sundarayya- EMS debate, and subsequent depromotion of Sundarayya) (regional outfits were unofficial). Due to this reason, a large number of youth, couldnt take membership in any other organizations, who were newly attracted to the Communist ideology. Besides, Communist parties were either banned or had to undergo police repression, so in the early years, it was not that easy to recruit caders to the Party. Thus age restrictions were often treated liberally and disregarded. These are all known to everyone who knows about communist parties. It is better those who do not know the subject not to speculate and avoid contributing to confusion. This is supposed to be an encyclopedia.
There is a distinct attempt on part of Soman etc. to allow a flattering and glorifying depiction by removing most of the really controversial material. Even though the Kerala Chief Minister is currently at the center of a major controversy regards insulting the father of a commando officer slain during 2008 November Mumbai attacks on a television interview, Soman is attempting to censor any inclusion of this information, since it is too unflattering to Achuthanandan. Soman's bias is being made more visible by the fact that he is not even attempting to rephrase the information(in case he was merely having problems in reference to NPOV) but instead attempting to censor any mention of the incident that was shown on television and published in major Indian Newspapers. 18.104.22.168 (talk) 00:59, 2 December 2008 (UTC)
- A clarification should be made here. Wikipedia is an encyclopedia, not a news blog. I think it very clear that much of the anti-VS edits in the last 24 hours can be classified as vandalism or soapboxing, thus blanket reversions was reasonable. As per the controversy itself, we have to avoid Wikipedia:Recentism. Let's see how this plays out over time, and improve the article accordingly. --Soman (talk) 08:07, 2 December 2008 (UTC)
I hope this can be put, "Currently under controversy for allegedly heaping scorn on Monday, Dec 01 2008, on the family of NSG Major Sandeep Unnikrishnan, who was killed in the Mumbai terror attack during commando operations " .
- You still need a reliable source, e.g. a ref to a major newspaper, preferably in English. And it would be better to include his comments, rather than characterizing it as "heaping scorn". --agr (talk) 20:40, 2 December 2008 (UTC)
- In that light, the multiple edits by CKRaju should be reverted completely. He has provided links to newspapers, but instead put in statements and conclusions that are nowhere presented in those articles. (e.g. his own speculation of the thoughts of the father while throwing Mr. Achuthanandan out). Referencing a reliable source should not mean mere linking to articles but writing statements and conclusions that fly contrary to what is stated in those articles. There is a definite bias here to whitewash the actual incident and the image of the chief minister, by grossly twisting what is actually being reported in media. It would be best to provide the link to the actual TV interview video from the timesofindia.com site.
- I think events could have been summarized like this : The chief minister was criticized for his delay in condoling the family. The father wished him not to visit. When he still went, father shouted at him on live television and asked him to leave. When questioned later on the incident in a television interview, the minister made the controversial statement of "Had it not been major sandeep's house, not even a dog would have gone there". After this caused a public outrage, the chief minister issued an apology stating that his comments were taken out of context. --Abhisri (talk) 22:23, 3 December 2008 (UTC)
I second yousafs request of a semi protection. He is one of the most noted leaders of kerala. we can disagree with him, but some comments in this seems consciously put for defaming him. I don't think he send police checking dogs to sandeep unnikrishnan's house. Even thou I corrected the detection dogs usage, I don't think, pls pitch in with more editors from kerala (Alex.mathews (talk) 04:51, 30 January 2013 (UTC))
Allegations of misuse Of power
Fullkitten (talk) 12:20, 18 December 2012 (UTC)Allegations were raised against V. A. Arun Kumar, son of V. S. Achuthanandan that he was appointed as Additional Director for the Institute of Human Resources Development (IHRD), a state owned organization controlling a handful of state owned engineering colleges, technical schools and other institutions. This appointment was alleged to be irregular. It was also alleged that Arun Kumar possessed only an undergraduate degree and that too in a non science faculty and that changes were made in the notification for appointing Mr. Arun Kumar and the existing qualifications of additional director were amended to enable V. A. Arun Kumar to apply for the post. Written complaints regarding these allegations were handed over to the Lok Ayuktha for enquiry. When the Government changed, the case was withdrawn from the Lok Ayuktha by the Oommen Chandy government and a vigilance enquiry was ordered. When these allegations were raised in the Legislative Assembly, V.S. Achuthanandan demanded for an enquiry by the Assembly Committee and accordingly an Assembly committee was constituted. The assembly subcommittee probed four allegations raised against V.A. Arun Kumar. The allegations included appointment of Arun as ICT academy director, allotment of money to the academy, appointment of Arun as additional director of IHRD and financial transactions with SPACE, a society for alternative computing and employment. Though five out of the nine members were from the ruling front, most of the allegations were found baseless. (http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/kerala-assembly-achuthanandan-favouring-son-v-a-arun-kumar/1/176973.html) Though Arun Kumar is alleged to be an under graduate and hence under qualified for the post in question, it was proved to be otherwise. IHRD initiated action against Arun Kumar on the basis of instructions from the Department of Education but has not been implemented. (http://kaumudiglobal.com/innerpage1.php?newsid=17234)
Allegations are against Mr V A Arunkumar. There is no investigation on VS Achuthanandan regarding his misuse of power for the benefit of VA Arunkumar. In this case what is the relevance of giving so much space to VA Arunkumar on a page for V S Achuthananda ? — Preceding unsigned comment added by 22.214.171.124 (talk) 04:50, 20 December 2013 (UTC)
Blacklisted Links Found on the Main Page
Cyberbot II has detected that page contains external links that have either been globally or locally blacklisted. Links tend to be blacklisted because they have a history of being spammed, or are highly innappropriate for Wikipedia. This, however, doesn't necessaryily mean it's spam, or not a good link. If the link is a good link, you may wish to request whitelisting by going to the request page for whitelisting. If you feel the link being caught by the blacklist is a false positive, or no longer needed on the blacklist, you may request the regex be removed or altered at the blacklist request page. If the link is blacklisted globally and you feel the above applies you may request to whitelist it using the before mentioned request page, or request it's removal, or alteration, at the request page on meta. When requesting whitelisting, be sure to supply the link to be whitelisted and wrap the link in nowiki tags. The whitelisting process can take its time so once a request has been filled out, you may set the invisible parameter on the tag to true. Please be aware that the bot will replace removed tags, and will remove misplaced tags regularly.
Below is a list of links that were found on the main page:
- Triggered by
\bindianetzone\.com\bon the local blacklist
- Triggered by
If you would like me to provide more information on the talk page, contact User:Cyberpower678 and ask him to program me with more info.