|WikiProject India||(Rated Stub-class, Mid-importance)|
|WikiProject Hinduism||(Rated Stub-class, High-importance)|
Vaishyas (General Category|OBC in Some region) are given below : Vthera, Patwa,gupta,garg ,Sinduriya-Bania, Mahuri-Vaishya, Avadh-Bania,.. Sinduriya-Bania,Mahuri-Vaishya,Aggrwala(… makers),, Sudi, Halwai, Roniyar, Pansari, Modi, Kasera,Kesarwani, Thathera, Patwa, Sinduriya-Bania, Gupta teli Tayal,their profession is cow protection , Business. Mahuri-Vaishya, Avadh-Bania, Agrahari-Vaishya(gupta,mittal,garg),marw… Teli,Garg,Jaiswal,modi,modh vaishyas,Sudi, Halwai, Roniyar, Pansari,Patidar ,soni,sunar,patel,borwa,rao,reddy, SC bania are Garg,teli,jaiswal,kasyap,birttal bania Amabanis are Sindhi caste ,That is different from hindus, they are not vaishyas,Ambanis are not Gujjus but Sindhi.Mathurs are Kayasthas(shudra),##Dhoot are jatts! and there is no caste... Jatt is a tribe(shudras),Jain are not hindu they are miniorites of india . small>—Preceding unsigned comment added by 220.127.116.11 (talk • contribs)
- It seems that you haven't yet stopped trolling.
- Singhania is not Rajput, but Vaishya. Read Lakshmipat Singhania: his concepts and creations by P. Chentsal Rao (University of Michigan).
- Ambani is also a Vaishya caste. Read The concept of rājadharma by Dr. Michael (ISBN: 8175741570, 9788175741577).
- It is a well-known fact that Dhoot belongs to Maheshwari caste, not Jatt caste.
- You haven't provided a single source to back your above claims.
- Due to the fact that you have a dynamic ip, no action can be taken against you for your repeated disruptive edits. As a consequence, the only option left was to temporarily protect the article. Continue with your antics, and this article will be protected indefinitely. --King Zebu (talk) 17:51, 28 September 2010 (UTC)
lohana are not vishya.by Y cromozome lineage and bita thalasemiya DNA test report lohana,bhatiya,meena rajput syryavanshi,jats,sindhi panjabi,percian are same lineage people so please remove lohana as a vaishya. — Preceding unsigned comment added by 18.104.22.168 (talk) 17:11, 28 July 2011 (UTC)
90% of Vaish subcaste originate from kshatriya. Agarwal : Maharaj Agrasen Maheswari:God Shiva Khandelwal:Raja Khandel Barnwal:Raja Aherwarn Porwal:Raja Puru The list is very long. Prominent Vaish King : Chandragupt, Ashok, Vikrmaditya, Harshvardhan,Hemu etc — Preceding unsigned comment added by Kuarun (talk • contribs) 12:07, 6 June 2012 (UTC)
Indian ancient society was a group of different tribes or clans. The important Clans were Lunar Dynasty ( the Chandra Vansa), Solar Dynasty ( the Surya Vansa.) etc. Vaishya also originate from above clans. Reference: 1)The Tribes and Castes of the Central , Provinces of India,By R.V. Russell, Macmillan and Co., Limited St. Martin’s Street, London. 1916. Chapter 6. The Banias derived from the Rājpūts. 2) Mittal, J.P. (2006), History of Ancient India (4250 BC to 637 AD) 3) Bharatendu Harishchandra, Agrawalon ki Utpatti, 1871.etc — Preceding unsigned comment added by Kuarun (talk • contribs) 10:22, 21 June 2012 (UTC)
- Russell is a poor source and anything from 1871 is too old (as well as most likely exactly the sort of stuff that Russell, Rose etc relied upon). We have to be extremely careful regarding sanskritisation, which really muddied the waters. I have a vague feeling that Mittal has been criticised as unreliable but I'll look into it. - Sitush (talk) 14:07, 21 June 2012 (UTC)
Naming Vaishya groups
There are a few communities named in the article and the text clearly says that it is not an inclusive list. Nor should it be, since it would be long. I suppose that there might be an argument for creating List of Vaishya communities but we do have Category:Vaishya community and that should suffice. - Sitush (talk) 22:57, 29 June 2014 (UTC)