|This page was nominated for deletion on 7 May 2010. The result of the discussion was no consensus.|
|WikiProject Websites / Computing||(Rated Start-class, Low-importance)|
|WikiProject India||(Rated Start-class, Low-importance)|
Does WiZiQ meet notability criteria?
Note: (see Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/WiZiQ for the latest discussion)
Three main sources to justify notability:
- . Sramana Mitra's blog -- She is a columnist for Forbes.
- . Mashable article -- Mashable, a high traffic Internet news blog.
- . SiliconIndia article -- SilcionIndia is described by LinkedIn as a prominent and reliable website.
All of these articles are meeting significant coverage.
And what I write here is speaking to reliable sources.
Below is the original analysis (which is perhaps not as strong or summarized as concisely):
- WiZiQ has been referenced in books in different subjects:
- Book on Pediatric Oncology Nursing -- A person uploaded a tutorial to WiZiQ
- Book on Being a College Professor -- He mentions WiZiQ in passing in reference to other technology innovations that impact education.
- First Things Fast: A Handbook for Performance Analysis -- Mentioned in a list of web conferencing solutions.
- It has also been featured on blogs:
- Sramana Mitra -- Sramana Mitra talks about WiZiQ, its business model, its funding, its revenue, its growth.
- I looked at her blog and she has also published a book:
- However one might measure the prominence of Sramana Mitra's blog, I think the strongest reason to keep WiZiQ is its quite high Alexa page rank:
- It has an Alexa global traffic rank of 7,017 and an India traffic rank of 668 . This means it is a top 1,000 site in India.
- I can't seem to get the quantcast traffic ratings for either Edufire or WiZiQ so maybe there is more to the story. (maybe that is why traffic rank isn't a criteria in WP:WEB ?)
- On the other hand Alexa is what is specified as the ranking engine of choice on Template:Infobox website.