|WikiProject Websites / Computing|
|WikiProject United States|
Jessica Cutler had a sexual relationship with a member of the staff of Senator DeWine, not a member of the Bush Administration
Ana Marie Cox article
- I agree. Ana Marie Cox is synonymous with Wonkette. The only thing she has done that is notable is Wonkette. It is weird to have two entries that are related to Wonkette in the "Bloggers" category. --Anonymous Cow 04:09, 28 Jan 2005 (UTC)
Merge from Ana Marie Cox proposal (2006)
Even though Wonkette may have been her pen name for a long time, it now more aptly is the name of the blog. She recently left it to promote a book she wrote.
Wonkette = Blog
Ana Marie Cox = former writer for blog --waffle iron 22:57, 20 January 2006 (UTC)
I think keeping them separate is the way to go. Both are notable in their own right.--Ben Houston 00:03, 21 January 2006 (UTC)
I agree with the above comments... she's notable enough by herself. --Starwed 18:18, 22 January 2006 (UTC)
"Created by" = wrong
- I attempted to fix this. That infobox doesn't have a separate field for "written by," so it's currently "Created by Created by Ana Marie Cox, currently written by Alex Pareene" - which is more accurate, if awkward. - Pronoiac 18:28, 24 November 2006 (UTC)
- I think it's more important to have the infobox reflect the actual CREATOR, and discuss the current editors/contributors in the body of the article, since they so often change.
- They actually don't change that much, after Cox moved on, Pareene has been editing the blog. Lat did it for a while but he also left shortly thereafter. But Pareene has been a stable editor of the blog for the last few years.
Outright Bias EQUALS No Fun
Has anyone else noticed that Wonkette used to be kinda funny and a little bit sarcastic, but over the last year the Wonkette publication has become a truly mean-spirited-like tool. I barely go there anymore because their bias anti-progressive diatribe isn't even slightly amusing anymore. It seems they were bought out by the Dinos who "attempt" to hide their bias while still whoring their campaigns.
Wonkette straws donkey anus these days, and it really does suck that bad. Poo poo on them, just like they've poo pooed on us.Template:Katy
- Please do not turn this talk page into a soap box. Thank you. Boydannie (talk) 19:02, 31 January 2008 (UTC)
- The site is still up, not sure what address you're getting a 404 from. --Jfruh (talk) 02:18, 25 May 2008 (UTC)
- http://wonkette.com What's strange is that the icon appears in the address bar, but it gives me this message:
The requested URL / was not found on this server.
- I'm not sure what to tell you. The site is still up for me when I click on that link, and there are comments added in the past few days that indicate that other people can reach it as well. The problem may be with the DNS resolvers for your network provide, or you may be on a network that is deliberately blocking the site. --Jfruh (talk) 16:43, 25 May 2008 (UTC)
Who owned Wonkette originally?
- Yes, it was Nick Denton's idea originally, I'm pretty sure. Definitely a Gawker property from launch. --Jfruh (talk) 12:08, 28 July 2008 (UTC)
Whole Intro Needs Reworking
I'm sorry but "liberal in outlook" just does not cut it. I used to read wonkette back in the days before the election came along and it was funny, it was about dc gossip. Now, all she talks about is shitting on McCain and Palin. Liberal outlook? Bitch puh-lease.
- "She"? Honey, you have never read Wonkette in your life. Get out. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 126.96.36.199 (talk) 19:50, 29 May 2010 (UTC)
Why the Fansite and Fact flags?
Why has the Wonkette article been flagged as a 'fansite' when comparable entries on other blogs have not?
And what citations are needed? It is not clear to me what improvements have to be carried out.
- Took care of the tags. Feel free to go through and rmv fact tags that are not NPOV. Qb | your 2 cents 10:27, 2 February 2009 (UTC)
I´m removing this bit:
"It has been extremely critical of the presidency of Barack Obama, for perceived violations of his campaign promises regarding foreign policy, single-payer health care, climate change, secrecy and Wall Street influence."
It is not a summary of anything in the article, and the lead already says it is critical of different kind of politicians. "Extremely" seems wrong too, "sometimes" would be closer to the mark, that but is my own OR. Gråbergs Gråa Sång (talk) 15:26, 21 August 2012 (UTC)