||The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guidelines for companies and organizations. (October 2009)|
The company was founded in 1997 as a joint project of Dow Jones Interactive and Microsoft desktop video. The company was previously known as NextVenue and later iBEAM. The company was taken private in 2004. iBeam originally launched TalkPoint as a product in 2001, the company later went private under the TalkPoint name.
TalkPoint is a provider of webcasting services. The company offers both audio and video webcasting for small to large (20,000 plus) audiences. The company also produces webinars.
- iBEAM Completes Acquisition of NextVenue, The New York Times, July 26, 2000
- iBEAM Releases TalkPoint, Streaming Media, May 23, 2001
- TalkPoint Webcasting to Power FDAAdvisoryCommittee.com and Continue Providing Multimedia Access to FDA Advisory Committee Meetings, FDA Advisory Committee press release
- Meet TalkPoint - December 2009, The Virtual Presenter
- BroadRigde and TalkPoint partner to provide the first ever Virtual Shareholder meeting that allows shareholders of Intel to vote online.
- TalkPoint Communications, Inc.
- Wainhouse Research - Comparison Matrix - Webcasting Service Offerings
- Forrester Research - Webcasting Grabs Corporate Attention