Talk About a Stranger
|Talk About a Stranger|
Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||David Bradley|
|Produced by||Richard Goldstone|
|Screenplay by||Margaret Fitts|
|Based on||the story "The Enemy"
by Charlotte Armstrong
|Music by||David Buttolph|
|Editing by||Newell P. Kimlin|
|Running time||65 minutes|
After his new-found dog is turns up dead by poison, Bud blames the stranger and sets off a campaign to smear his name and spreads vicious rumors about him.
His parents (George Murphy and Nancy Reagan) can't seem to handle the boy. After Bud endangers the crops in the valley by his vandalism of the neighbor's oil tank, and is told the dog was killed by eating poisoned meat meant for coyotes, Bud comes to realize that people are not always what they appear to be.
- George Murphy as Robert Fontaine Sr.
- Nancy Davis as Marge Fontaine
- Billy Gray as Robert 'Bud' Fontaine Jr.
- Lewis Stone as William J. Wardlaw
- Kurt Kasznar as Dr. Paul Mahler, alias Matlock
- Anna Glomb as Camille Wardlaw