Talk to Me (TV series)
|Talk to Me|
|Created by||Danny Brocklehurst|
|Directed by||Dearbhla Walsh|
|Country of origin||United Kingdom|
|No. of series||1|
|No. of episodes||4|
|Executive producer(s)||George Faber
|Running time||approx. 47 min. per episode|
|Original channel||ITV, STV, UTV|
|Original run||10 June 2007 –
1 July 2007
Talk to Me is a British television serial, written by writer Danny Brocklehurst, produced by Company Pictures for ITV. The four-part serial began on 10 June 2007 and stars Max Beesley as Mitch Moore, a womanising radio host whose producer is also his best mate and about to get married to Claire (played by Laura Fraser). She is a new mother, experiencing the emotional crunch of returning to her office job after maternity leave. Mitch was in love with Clare and after Clare had an argument with her fiancé, she and Mitch slept together. Clare walked out on him telling him it was a one-off but later they had sex in his car. Clare eventually breaks her affair with Mitch off, but feeling guilty she tells her fiancé what she has done. He walks out on her and takes their baby son. He then punches Mitch and tells him they are no longer friends. Clare and her fiancé eventually reconcile when Mitch makes a heartfelt plea on his radio station, Mitch is left with no one.
It was announced in early 2007 under the working title Is This Love?. ITV commissioned the show in a bid to rebrand their channel for a younger audience, Laura Mackie's first show since becoming controller of drama, she stated that Talk to Me is the template for their new output - sexy, stylish and contemporary. The first episode attracted 4.2 million viewers, growing to 5.5 million in its second week. The series was released on DVD by Granada Ventures on 9 July 2007.
A FOX Network US remake was developed but did not make it to air.
Cast and characters
- Mitch Moore (Max Beesley) — Radio DJ at Life FM who gives love advice to callers.
- Claire (Laura Fraser) — HR Director and Woody's wife.
- Woody (Joseph Millson) — Mitch's best friend and producer, and Claire's husband.
- Ally (Emma Pierson) — Tourist information assistant and one of Mitch's recent conquests.
- Kelly (Kate Ashfield) — Mitch's sister.
- Scott (Adrian Bower) — Kelly's husband.
- Aaron (Aaron Johnson) — Kelly's student/lover
- Staff writer (2007-01-18). "Company asks Is This Love? for ITV drama". Broadcast Now (subscription). Archived from the original on 2007-09-27. Retrieved 2007-06-12.
- Tryhorn, Chris (2007-06-18). "Britain's Got Talent hits high note for ITV". Media Guardian. Retrieved 2007-06-20.
- Shepherd, Robert John (2007-07-09). "Region 2 Out This Week". DVD Reviewer. Retrieved 2007-07-18.
|This article relating to United Kingdom television is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|