|This article is an orphan, as no other articles link to it. Please introduce links to this page from ; try the Find link tool for suggestions. (March 2013)|
Talkbits was a free voice mobile app for iOS and Android that combined push-to-talk technology with social discovery. The application has been developed and maintained by OnAir Labs, an international mobile development company. As of December 2013, the Talkbits service is not available anymore.
Users were able to listen to a livestream of messages around their current physical location, send private voice messages to other users, and could join public discussions revolving around different topics. Based in Zurich, Moscow, Istanbul and São Paulo, the company has raised $2 million in venture financing from Russian Runa Capital. It was named among top-10 Russian web startups by The Moscow Times. Talkbits received the best mobile app award on Russian Startup Awards 2013 by The Next Web. Talkbits was officially launched in US and the UK on February 12, 2013. On February 24 the app was launched on a Turkish market. Soon Talkbits announced plans to be rolled out in Singapore, Indonesia and Brazil, however as of December 2013, the iOS App is not available in the US App store. The Android version is available in Google Play as of March 2014, but the server appears to be shut down.
- Lomas, Natasha. "Location-Based Voice-Messaging App Startup Talkbits Raises $2 Million From Early Stage VC Firm Runa Capital". Tech Crunch. Retrieved 2013-01-20.
- Eldon, Eric. "Top 10 Russin Web Startups". Tech Crunch. Retrieved 2013-01-20.
- "Winners of the Russian Startup Awards 2013". The Next Web. Retrieved 2013-02-22.
- Ozretic, Andrea. "Talkbits fuses walkie-talkies and local discovery with location based voice messaging app". Betakit. Retrieved 2013-02-22.
- Eyidilli, Sami. "Talkbits uygulaması için Türkçe kanallar devrede". webrazzi. Retrieved 2013-02-27.
|This Mac OS and/or OS X software–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|