Talkshow with Spike Feresten
|Talkshow with Spike Feresten|
2009 title card
|Created by||Spike Feresten|
|Presented by||Spike Feresten|
|Theme music composer||G. Love & Special Sauce|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||3|
|No. of episodes||65 (List of episodes)|
|Running time||30 minutes (2006-2009)
60 minutes (2009)
|Production company(s)||Skyview Entertainment, in association with Fox Television Studios|
|Picture format||480i (SDTV),
|Original run||September 16, 2006– May 16, 2009|
Talkshow with Spike Feresten was an American late-night talk show television program on Fox starring Spike Feresten that aired from September 16, 2006 to May 16, 2009. It was the longest-running late night talk show in Fox's history, with three seasons. Unlike most late-night talk shows in the United States, it only aired on Saturday nights.
In May 2009, Talkshow was cancelled after three seasons. Repeats aired until the start of The Wanda Sykes Show on November 7, 2009.
Some of the regular sketches on the show included "Idiot Paparazzi", where photographers hit the streets and take photos of people who vaguely look like famous people; "Comedy for Stoners", comedy visuals specially designed for someone who might be stoned; "Tomorrow's Headlines Today", when Spike reads fictional headlines ("Ford Lays Itself Off", "Al Gore Melts", "NBC Pre-cancels Fall '07 Lineup" The release of "Tyler Perry's, Why Do I Even Bother Naming The Movies As Long As It Says "Tyler Perry's" In Front of It", etc.) from Sunday's paper from various newspapers; sponsors for the show (such as Pitters beer, a very flammable beer sold in a breakaway bottle, with an AIDS test on the label, etc.), and "Backfat Sponsorship", where Spike uses one of his writer's (seemingly Felber, although not identified) backfat to advertise Fortune 500 companies (Red Bull, PS3, and Ign.com).
- Erika Feresten - MaryMae - The Late Night Host's wild contemptuous wife. Erika Feresten had 10 appearance roles throughout all three years of the show.
- Lil' Bill O'Reilly
- Idiot Paparazzi - Spike and some friends pretend to be Paparazzi and shout the names of celebrities while snapping photos of passing everyday people who have a resemblance to the celebrity being shouted.
- Hollywood Douchebag - Spike would go around Hollywood interviewing people and at the end of every interview, a card or graphic would come on with "Hollywood Douchebag" or a variation of it, accompanied by a chorus singing whatever was on the graphic. The graphic would normally be stylized to the person's look or the joke intended by the show.
- Rick Richards reports
- Tomorrow's News Yesterday Today - Spike reads "news from the future".
- Tomorrow's Headlines Today
- Payday Advance Lenders
- The Donny Riffle Show
- Febreeze Elderly
- Priest in a Yellow Ferrari
- Lot Cops
- Bam! Problem Solved
- Fox News Guy
- NPR Morning Zoo
- 30 Second Trading Spaces
- The Heckler Whisperer
- EPPT (Early Pregnancy & Paternity Test)
- Aaron Sorkin's Key Shop
- Transcripts of Books on Tape
- Girl's Fathers Gone Wild - What happens when fathers catch their girls being videotaped
- Senior Citizen Trannie Lingerie Party
- Dr. Phil's Fan Mail - Spike reads mail intended for Dr. Phil, for voice overs were done by the show's staff, including Executive Producer Michele Armour, Associate Producer of Music Blaire Reinhard, and writing assistant Meghan Gambling.
- Ye Olde Adult Video Shoppe - What porn would have been like during the American Revolution.
- Shoe Store Predictions
- Backfat Sponsorship -
- Discount Puppies and Cats
- Indignant Editorial
- Classaction Lawsuit
- Crappy Neighbor
- Celebrity Space Shuttle
- Clinica de Medico
- What's Nuts Now? - in the episode with Jerry Seinfeld
- Cops Guy
- Chinese Product Recall
- Comedy for Stoners - a series of sketches that should only be considered funny to stoners.
- Pitters Beer - an ad for a beer that makes you wince when you drink it.
- How to do a Nerdy Intern Segment - starring actual nerdy staffer, DJ Lubel, the show's researcher.
- The Unfair Target
- Hollywood Douchebags
- Extreme Hitlers - Teenagers dressed in Hitler clothing skateboarding in a music video
- Shaolin Cats - Cats that "do battle" in a Mortal Kombat style
- Electric Lincoln - Abraham Lincoln, under the influence of drugs, states some historical "facts". (The actor portraying Lincoln is one of the show's editors, Neil Grieve)
- Horrifyingly Sexy Larry King - Larry King's head placed over the body of a dancer dressed in a bikini and suspenders
- Fat Albert Gore - Fat Albert dressed in a suit sings about the environment in the way Al Gore would make a speech about the environment
- Strobe Light Monkeys - Monkeys dance around to the song "99 Luftballons", while strobe lights flash in the background
- Electric Lincoln Par II - Lincoln gets shot this time around
- Mexican Space Lizard - A lizard in a sombrero with space scenes in the background
- Slow-Mo Humanimal Races - Two people dressed as animals race through a hallway in slow motion. (The panda humanimal is one of the show's writers, Adam Felber, and the tiger humanimal is the show's Associate Producer of Music, Blaire Reinhard)
- Cheeto Dogfights - Two fighter planes made of Cheetos fight in the sky
- Martin Scorsese's Exploding Squirrel - A squirrel explodes
- Vincent Gallo Underwear Parade - A parade of guys in their underwear
- Morbidly Obese Aquarium - Underwater view of morbidly obese men swimming in their underwear
- Bigfoot Opera - an Opera where Bigfoot rides a unicorn
- Senior Citizen Trannie Lingerie Party - Old men dress in lingerie and dance
- Horrifyingly Sexy Hannity and Colmes - Same as with "Sexy Larry King"
- Smooth Jazz Rectal Exams - People getting rectal exams as jazz music plays
- Emo Baby VS. Goth Baby Smackdown - Two babies, one a goth and one emo, fighting each other
- Mr. Happy Handshake - A man who farts when you shake his hand meets a guy who shakes people's hands when they fart
- Nightvision Elvis - Three Elvises shown in Nightvision
- Racist Nose Party - A black finger tries to pick a white nose
- Techno Turtle - A Turtle dances to techno music
- The Narcoleptic skydiver - A skydiver prone to fall asleep
- Comedy for stoners live - A live guest creates his own comedy for stoners
- Rainbows - The hidden truth about rainbows
- S.M.A.P. - A shy mooner's solution to mooning
- Australia, on The Comedy Channel
- South Africa, the program airs on the Mnet Series channel on digital satellite service provider DSTV.
- Canada, the program airs on Global or E!, depending on the market.
- Ireland, the program used to air on TV3. But was dropped after only 2 shows.
- Iceland, the program airs on Stöð 2 Extra.
- Israel, the program airs on Bip channel.