Tamannaah on the sets of Nach Baliye 5
21 December 1989
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
|Height||5 feet 6 inches (168 cm)|
Tamannaah Bhatia (born 21 December 1989) is an Indian film actress and model,  who performs under the mononym Tamannaah and predominantly appears in South Indian cinema. In 2005, she made her acting debut in the Bollywood film, Chand Sa Roshan Chehra, before working in the major South Indian film industries. Also in 2005, Tamannaah made her Telugu debut in Sri, and in the following year she appeared in her first Tamil film, Kedi. In 2007, she starred in two college-life-based drama films, Happy Days in Telugu and Kalloori in Tamil, which both earned her critical acclaim.
After being part of the several commercially successful films, including Padikathavan (2009), Ayan (2009), Paiyaa (2010) and Siruthai (2011), she emerged as a leading contemporary actress in Kollywood. She staged a successful comeback in Tollywood in 2011 with the romance film 100% Love (2011), which won her several accolades. With the successful films such as Racha (2012), Cameraman Ganga Tho Rambabu (2012) and Thadaka (2013), she established herself as one of Telugu cinema's leading contemporary actresses.
Tamannaah Bhatia was born on 21 December 1989 in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India, to Santhosh and Rajani Bhatia and she has an elder brother, Anand. Her father is a financial consultant. She is of Sindhi descent. She did her schooling in Maneckji Cooper Educational Trust School, Juhu, Mumbai. She is currently pursuing a BA degree at National College, Mangalore through distance education. She later changed her screen name for numerological reasons, varying it slightly to Tamannaah. She has been working since the age of 13 since she was spotted at her school’s annual day function and offered the lead role which she took up. She also appeared in the music video of Lafzon Mein Keh Na Saku by Abhijeet Sawant, the winner of the first Indian Idol.
Tamannaah started her acting career in 2005, essaying the female lead role in Chand Sa Roshan Chehra, her only Hindi film to date before Himmatwala. The same year, she debuted in Telugu cinema in Sri, playing the leading female role opposite Manoj Manchu. In 2006, she made her debut in the Tamil film industry in Kedi, produced by A. M. Rathnam, along with Ravi Krishna and another newcomer, Ileana D'Cruz. In 2007, she had three releases. After her role in the unsuccessful Vyapari, Tamannaah rose to popularity with the Sekhar Kammula-directed Telugu film Happy Days which received positive reviews and became her first major box office success. Her next release was the Tamil drama film Kalloori, directed by Balaji Sakthivel, that won her accolades and critical acclaim in Tamil as well. In 2008, Tamannaah again had three releases, appearing only in cameo roles in two of them.
In 2009, she received box office success with Padikathavan, with Dhanush. Her next release was a Telugu movie Konchem Ishtam Konchem Kashtam opposite Siddharth. It became a success and she was praised for her refreshing performance. Her next film was Ananda Tandavam, which sank without a trace although her performance was praised by critics. Her next Tamil film Ayan alongside Suriya became a huge blockbuster and made her a leading star in the Tamil film industry. Her successive release Kandein Kadhalai, which was a remake of the 2007 Hindi blockbuster Jab We Met, was considered a moderate success. She did the role originally played by Kareena Kapoor and was praised by critics for her performance.
Her first 2010 release was Lingusamy's romantic-action flick Paiyaa co-starring Karthi, which went on to become a blockbuster. Tamannaah's chemistry with Karthi in the film was widely praised. Her next release was Sura opposite Vijay. The film opened to negative reviews and became a disaster. Her performance was panned by critics. Her next release was Thillalangadi with Jayam Ravi, which became an above average grosser, but her performance was praised. Her success in Tamil films during 2009 and 2010 established her as the numero uno actress in Kollywood at the time.
Tamannaah appeared in six films in 2011, five of which featured her in a starring role. Her first release was the Tamil action film, Siruthai, which was the remake of the Tollywood blockbuster Vikramarkudu and was her second film alongside Karthi. The film becoming a blockbuster, although her character was received poorly by critics, with a reviewer citing that she offered "little more than arm-candy". Her next release was her first Telugu release after two years, the highly successful romantic comedy 100% Love (2011) with Naga Chaitanya, which fetched positive reviews from both critics and viewers. Tamannaah won the CineMAA Award for Best Actress, besides receiving nominations at various award ceremonies. She was next seen in the Telugu historical masala film Badhrinaadh (2011) opposite Allu Arjun that became an average grosser, which was followed by a Tamil action-masala film again, Hari's Venghai (2011), where she acted alongside Dhanush for the second time in her career. The film was not well received, however critics lauded her performance. Her final release of 2011 was Oosaravelli, starring Jr. NTR, which was average at the box office, but was praised for her acting. Her first film in 2012 was the Ram Charan Teja starrer Rachaa, which became a huge blockbuster. Rachaa's success established her as one of the leading and in-demand actresses in Tollywood. Her next release Endhukante Premanta featuring her opposite Ram, opened to average reviews. Her next release was Rebel alongside Prabhas. Later that year in 2012 she starred opposite Pawan Kalyan in Oct 2012 movie Cameraman Ganga Tho Rambabu. It was declared a blockbuster.
In March 2013 she starred opposite Ajay Devgan in her second Hindi film, Himmatwala, which is a remake of the 1983-film with the same title. She then signed Thadaka, remake of 2012 Tamil hit Vettai, opposite Naga Chaitanya which was scheduled for 2013 and became a success. She has signed her third Hindi film It's Entertainment opposite Akshay Kumar and Sajid Khan's Hamshakals opposite Saif Ali Khan.
Tamannaah also has experience as a model appearing in various television commercials. She is endorsing popular brands like Celkon Mobiles, Fanta and Chandrika Ayurvedic Soap. She is also the brand ambassador of the Salem based jewellery shop AVR and Khazana Jewellery. Before entering the film industry, she also acted in Tamil advertisements like Shakthi Masala, Power Soap and Sun Direct.She also worked with Virat Kohli recently for an ad shoot of celkon mobile.
|2005||Chand Sa Roshan Chehra||Jiya Oberoi||Hindi|
|2007||Happy Days||Madhu||Telugu||Nominated - CineMAA Award for Best Actress|
|2007||Kalloori||Shobana||Tamil||Nominated - Filmfare Award for Best Actress|
|2008||Ninna Nedu Repu||Telugu||Guest appearance|
|2008||Netru Indru Naalai||Tamil||Guest appearance|
|2009||Konchem Ishtam Konchem Kashtam||Geeta Subramanyam||Telugu||Nominated - Filmfare Award for Best Actress|
|2009||Kanden Kadhalai||Anjali||Tamil||Nominated - Filmfare Award for Best Actress|
|2010||Paiyaa||Charulatha||Tamil||Nominated - Filmfare Award for Best Actress|
|2011||100% Love||Mahalakshmi||Telugu||CineMAA Award for Best Actress
Nominated - Filmfare Award for Best Actress
|2012||Rachcha||Chaitra (Ammu)||Telugu||Nominated - SIIMA Award for Best Actress
Nominated - CineMAA Award for Best Actress
Nominated - Filmfare Award for Best Actress
|2012||Cameraman Gangatho Rambabu||Ganga||Telugu|
- Nominated— Best Actress – Racha (2013)
- Nominated, Filmfare Award for Best Actress – Tamil – Kalloori (2007)
- Nominated, Filmfare Award for Best Actress - Telugu – Konchem Ishtam Konchem Kashtam (2009)
- Nominated, Filmfare Award for Best Actress – Tamil – Kanden Kadhalai (2009)
- Nominated, Filmfare Award for Best Actress – Tamil – Paiyaa (2010)
- Nominated, Filmfare Award for Best Actress – Telugu – 100% Love (2011)
- Nominated, Filmfare Award for Best Actress – Telugu – Racha (2012)
- Nominated, Vijay Award for Best Actress – Kanden Kadhalai (2009)
- Nominated, Vijay Award for Favourite Heroine – Ayan (2009)
- Nominated, Vijay Award for Favourite Heroine – Paiyaa (2010)
- Other awards
- Hyderabad Times Film Awards – 100% Love (2011)
- Santhosham Awards – Best Actress Award -100% Love(2011)
- Kalaimaamani Awards -By Tamil Nadu Government
- South Scope Award for Best Tamil Actress – Kanden Kadhalai (2009)
- Tsr Tv9 Awards - Best Actress Award -(100%love)
- "Tamanna Bhatia – Actress". Nilacharal.com. 1989-12-21. Retrieved 2012-10-09.
- Sify (21 December 2010). "Happy birthday Tamannaah". Sify. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- Sify (21 December 2009). "Happy B'day to the Queen of K’wood!". Sify. Retrieved 2010-04-17.
- Article-Tamil-Tamannah in Kandein Kadhalai. Indiglamour.com (2009-10-17). Retrieved on 2010-12-13.
- "Siren of the Week: Tamannaah Bhatia – 9". Entertainment.in.msn.com. 2009-10-03. Retrieved 2012-10-09.
- "Tamannah's 'secret of success' – Tamil Movie News". IndiaGlitz. 2010-06-01. Retrieved 2012-10-09.
- "Konchem Istam Konchem Kastam Telugu Movie Review". IndiaGlitz. 2009-02-05. Retrieved 2012-10-09.
- "Review: Koncham Ishtam, Koncham Kashtam". Rediff.com. Retrieved 2012-10-09.
- "Karthi and Tamanna shares a good chemistry on screen". Tamilmoviestar.com. 2010-04-15. Retrieved 2012-10-09.
- Thillalangadi is a ridiculous pot-boiler – Rediff.com Movies. Movies.rediff.com (2010-07-23). Retrieved on 2011-06-17.
- Siruthai is Karthi's show all the way – Rediff.com Movies. Rediff.com (2011-01-14). Retrieved on 2011-06-17.
- "Venghai Tamil Movie Review". IndiaGlitz. Retrieved 2011-07-11.
- "Review: Venghai is tedious — Rediff.com Movies". Rediff.com. Retrieved 2011-07-11.
- "Movie Review:Venghai". Sify.com. Retrieved 2011-07-11.
- "Review: Oosaravelli is a routine revenge drama". Rediff.com. 2011-10-07. Retrieved 2012-10-09.
- Tamanna is Ganga in Pawan's film. Indiaglitz.com (2012-03-26). Retrieved on 2012-05-10.
- CGTR becomes an all time blockbuster
- "Exclusive Interview : Extremely fond of Hyderabadi Biryani : Tamanna". 123telugu.com. Retrieved 7 June 2012.
- "Milk BeautyTamanna replaces Hansika in Thadaka". Timesofap.com. 2012-08-25. Retrieved 2012-10-09.
- "Saif Ali To Romance Tamannah And Sonal In Sajid Khan's HUMSHAKAL". Boxofficecapsule.com. Retrieved 2013-08-17.
- "Tamanna to endorse Wipro's Chandrika soap!!". currentweek. Retrieved 2011-05-21.
- palPalani (2012-04-23). "Tamanna to endorse Fanta!". Southdreamz.com. Retrieved 2012-10-09.
- Tamanna with Kohli
- "Akshay Kumar to work with a dog in Ramesh Tauraniâ€™s next". Articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com. 2013-06-10. Retrieved 2013-08-17.
- "The Hyderabad Times Film Awards 2011". The Times of India. Retrieved 24 June 2012.
- "Prakash Raj & Tamannaah gets South Scope Awards". Sify.com. 2010-09-20. Retrieved 2011-07-11.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Tamannaah.|