Tamannaah on the sets of Nach Baliye 5
21 December 1989
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Tamannaah Bhatia (born 21 December 1989) is an Indian film actress and model, who performs under the mononym Tamannaah and predominantly appears in South Indian cinema. In 2005, she made her acting debut in the Bollywood film, Chand Sa Roshan Chehra, before working in the major South Indian film industries. Also in 2005, Tamannaah made her Telugu film debut in Sri, and in the following year she appeared in her first Tamil film, Kedi. In 2007, she starred in two college-life-based drama films, Happy Days in Telugu and Kalloori in Tamil.
Her films include Ayan (2009), Paiyaa (2010) and Siruthai (2011), she emerged as a leading contemporary actress in Tamil cinema. She returned to Telugu cinema in 2011 with the romance film 100% Love (2011). Her other films include Racha (2012), Cameraman Ganga Tho Rambabu (2012) and Thadaka (2013).
Tamannaah Bhatia was born on 21 December 1989 in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India, to Santhosh and Rajani Bhatia and she has an elder brother, Anand. Her father is a diamond merchant. She is of Sindhi descent. She did her schooling in Maneckji Cooper Educational Trust School, Juhu, Mumbai. She later changed her screen name for numerological reasons, varying it slightly to Tamannaah. She has been working since the age of 13, when she was spotted at her school’s annual day function and offered a lead role, which she took up, and then also became a part of Mumbai's Prithvi Theatre for a year.
Tamannaah started her acting career in 2005, essaying the female lead role in Chand Sa Roshan Chehra. The same year, she debuted in Telugu cinema in Sri, playing the leading female role. In 2006, she made her debut in the Tamil film industry in Kedi, produced by A. M. Rathnam. In 2007, she had three releases. After her role in Vyapari, Tamannaah appeared in the Sekhar Kammula-directed Telugu film Happy Days. Her next release was the Tamil drama film Kalloori, directed by Balaji Sakthivel. In 2008, she again had three releases, appearing only in cameo roles in two of them.
In 2009, she appeared in Padikathavan. Her next release was the Telugu film Konchem Ishtam Konchem Kashtam. It became a success and she was praised for her refreshing performance. Her next film was Ananda Tandavam. Her next Tamil film Ayan. Her next release Kandein Kadhalai.
Her first 2010 release was Lingusamy's romantic-action film Paiyaa'. Her next releases were Sura and Thillalangadi where her performance was praised. Her success in Tamil films during 2009 and 2010 established her as a top actress in Tamil cinema at the time.
Tamannaah and appeared in six films in 2011, five of which featured her in a starring role. Her first release was the Tamil action film, Siruthai, which was the remake of the Tollywood film Vikramarkudu. Her character was received poorly by critics, with a reviewer citing that she offered "little more than arm-candy". Her next release was her first Telugu release after two years, the romantic comedy 100% Love (2011). Tamannaah won the CineMAA Award for Best Actress. She was then in the Telugu historical masala film Badhrinaadh (2011), which was followed by a Tamil action-masala film, Hari's Venghai (2011), . The film was not well received, however critics lauded her performance. Her final release of 2011 was Oosaravelli was praised for her acting. Her first film in 2012 Rachaa. Her next releases were Endhukante Premanta and Rebel . Later that year, she starred in Cameraman Ganga Tho Rambabu.
In 2014, she starred in two Hindi films, Entertainment and Sajid Khan's Hamshakals . In December 2013, she joined S. S. Rajamouli's epic film Baahubali. In March 2014, she shot for a song in V. V. Vinayak's Alludu Sreenu.
Tamannaah also has experience as a model appearing in various television commercials. She is endorsing popular brands like Celkon Mobiles, Fanta and Chandrika Ayurvedic soap. She is also the brand ambassador of the Salem based jewellery shop AVR and Khazana Jewellery. Before entering the film industry, she also acted in Tamil advertisements like Shakthi Masala, Power Soap and Sun Direct. She also worked with Virat Kohli for an ad shoot of Celkon Mobile.
|Denotes films that have not yet been released|
|2005||Chand Sa Roshan Chehra||Jiya Oberoi||Hindi|
|2008||Ninna Nedu Repu||Telugu||Guest appearance|
|2008||Netru Indru Naalai||Tamil||Guest appearance|
|2009||Konchem Ishtam Konchem Kashtam||Geeta Subramanyam||Telugu|
|2012||Cameraman Gangatho Rambabu||Ganga||Telugu|
|2014||Alludu Sreenu||Telugu||Special appearance|
|2014||Nanbenda||Herself||Tamil||Cameo appearance |
- Hyderabad Times Film Award for Best Actress – 100% Love (2011)
- South Scope Award for Best Tamil Actress – Kanden Kadhalai (2009)
- Sify (21 December 2010). "Happy birthday Tamannaah". Sify. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- Sify (21 December 2009). "Happy B'day to the Queen of K’wood!". Sify. Retrieved 2010-04-17.
- "Siren of the Week: Tamannaah Bhatia – 9". Entertainment.in.msn.com. 2009-10-03. Retrieved 2012-10-09.
- "Tamannah's 'secret of success' – Tamil Movie News". IndiaGlitz. 2010-06-01. Retrieved 2012-10-09.
- "The Tamannaah Bhatia Interview : Of Baahubali and Bollywood". silverscreen. Jun 27, 2014.
- "Konchem Istam Konchem Kastam Telugu Movie Review". IndiaGlitz. 2009-02-05. Retrieved 2012-10-09.
- "Review: Koncham Ishtam, Koncham Kashtam". Rediff.com. Retrieved 2012-10-09.
- Thillalangadi is a ridiculous pot-boiler – Rediff.com Movies. Movies.rediff.com (2010-07-23). Retrieved on 2011-06-17.
- Siruthai is Karthi's show all the way – Rediff.com Movies. Rediff.com (2011-01-14). Retrieved on 2011-06-17.
- "Venghai Tamil Movie Review". IndiaGlitz. Retrieved 2011-07-11.
- "Review: Venghai is tedious — Rediff.com Movies". Rediff.com. Retrieved 2011-07-11.
- "Movie Review:Venghai". Sify.com. Retrieved 2011-07-11.
- "Review: Oosaravelli is a routine revenge drama". Rediff.com. 2011-10-07. Retrieved 2012-10-09.
- Tamanna is Ganga in Pawan's film. Indiaglitz.com (2012-03-26). Retrieved on 2012-05-10.
- "Exclusive Interview : Extremely fond of Hyderabadi Biryani : Tamanna". 123telugu.com. Retrieved 7 June 2012.
- "Milk BeautyTamanna replaces Hansika in Thadaka". Timesofap.com. 2012-08-25. Retrieved 2012-10-09.
- "Akshay Kumar to work with a dog in Ramesh Tauraniâ€™s next". Articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com. 2013-06-10. Retrieved 2013-08-17.
- "Tamannaah to romance Prabhas in Baahubali - The Times of India". The Times Of India.
- "After initial walk out, Tammu does a song for Vinayak's film - The Times of India". The Times Of India.
- Article-Tamil-Tamannah in Kandein Kadhalai. Indiglamour.com (2009-10-17). Retrieved on 2010-12-13.
- "Tamanna to endorse Wipro's Chandrika soap!!". currentweek. Retrieved 2011-05-21.
- palPalani (2012-04-23). "Tamanna to endorse Fanta!". Southdreamz.com. Retrieved 2012-10-09.
- Tamanna with Kohli
- "Tamanna Bhatia Poses for PETA To Oppose Animal Tests," OneIndia Entertainment, 17 June 2014.
- "Tamannaah does a cameo in Udhay’s film". The Times of India. May 4, 2014.
- "The Hyderabad Times Film Awards 2011". The Times of India. Retrieved 24 June 2012.
- "Prakash Raj & Tamannaah gets South Scope Awards". Sify.com. 2010-09-20. Retrieved 2011-07-11.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Tamannaah.|