Tamara Bach was born in 1976 in Limburg an der Lahn and grew up in Ludwigshöhe, Rhineland-Palatinate. She was encouraged in her writing by her former German teacher, Peter Grosz. 1993 and 1995 she took part in the prestigious meeting of young writers to whom she was also excellent. After finishing school in a 1995 au-pair stay in Derry, Northern Ireland, she began as a student in 1996 in Mainz, but after 3 semesters moved to Berlin. She has lived since 1997 in Berlin, where she studied at the Free University in German and English and completed her studies in early 2006. In addition to her studies, she worked for television and has developed youth plays.
Her first book was Girl from Mars, published in Germany in 2003. It won several awards, including the Luchs prize for September, 2003, and the German youth literature prize for the best youth book in 2004. She followed this with Busfahrt mit Kuhn in 2004, and Jetzt ist hier in 2007, which won the Luchs prize for 2007.
- Marsmädchen: Roman, Deutscher Taschenbuch-Verlag, 2005, ISBN 9783423782050
- Busfahrt mit Kuhn, F. Oetinger, 2004, ISBN 9783789131561; DTV Deutscher Taschenbuch, 2007, ISBN 3-423-78216-1
- Translator Solveig Rasmussen En tid för allting, Bergh, 2006, ISBN 9789150216226
- Jetzt ist hier, Oetinger Friedrich GmbH, 2007, ISBN 9783789131691
- "Tamara Bach". KINDER-UND JUNGEDBUCHPORTAL. Goethe-Institut. Retrieved 2009-09-29.
- Luchs prize on German Wikipedia.
- Konrad Heidkamp (2008-01-17). "LUCHS des Jahres 2007". Zeit Online. Retrieved 2009-10-05.
- Tamara Bach in the German National Library catalogue
- Ralf Schweikart: Der Mars ist so nah. Die Jugendbuchautorin Tamara Bach