Tamara Dobson as Cleopatra Jones, 1973.
May 14, 1947|
|Died||October 2, 2006
|Occupation||Film and television actress, fashion model|
Life and career
Dobson was born in Baltimore, Maryland. She started as a beautician. While working, she received her degree in fashion illustration from the Maryland Institute College of Art. While studying, she was discovered in 1969 and began to film commercials and modeling. After school, she moved from Maryland to New York to model and act full-time. Dobson, who stood 6 feet 2 inches (188 cm), eventually became a fashion model for Vogue Magazine. Though she appeared in a few films in Hollywood, she became best known for her title roles in the Blaxploitation films, Cleopatra Jones (1973) and Cleopatra Jones and the Casino of Gold (1975).
- Come Back, Charleston Blue (1972) (uncredited) 
- Fuzz (1972)
- Cleopatra Jones (1973)
- Cleopatra Jones and the Casino of Gold (1975)
- Norman...Is That You? (1976)
- Murder at the World Series (TV) (1977)
- Jason of Star Command (TV) (1978) 
- Buck Rogers in the 25th Century (TV) (1979)
- Chained Heat (1983)
- Amazons (TV) (1984)
- "Cleopatra Jones star Tamara Dobson dies at 59". Houston Chronicle. Retrieved 2011-01-30.
- "Tamara Dobson, 59; Former Model Starred in `Cleopatra Jones' Movies". The Los Angeles Times. Retrieved 2011-01-30.
- "Tamara Dobson, 59, Model and Actress, Dies". The New York Times. October 6, 2006. Retrieved 2011-01-30.
- "Actress Tamara Dobson, 59, starred as `Cleopatra Jones'". Baltimore Sun. October 5, 2006. Retrieved 2011-01-30.
- Tamara Dobson at the Internet Movie Database
- Tamara Dobson at AllRovi
- Actress Tamara Dobson, Star of 'Cleopatra Jones,' Dies At 59, Vibe.com
- The Cocoa Lounge Remembers Tamara Dobson, Biography, Cocoalounge.com