|This article is an orphan, as no other articles link to it. Please introduce links to this page from ; try the Find link tool for suggestions. (September 2010)|
Tamara Lackey is a professional photographer, author, workshop teacher and international speaker. Her work has been published in numerous lifestyle magazines including Vogue, O – The Oprah Magazine, Town & Country, Parenting Magazine, Food & Wine, The Knot Men's Journal,; in trade outlets such as Professional Photographer, Professional ImageMaker and Rangefinder; and on national television programs including NBC’s The Martha Stewart Show and ABC’s Extreme Makeover: Home Edition.
In 2008, Lackey released her educational book The Art of Children’s Portrait Photography, which got favorable reviews, and praise from a writer at shootsmarter.com and aspiring photographers.
In 2010 Lackey also worked with Kubota Image Tools to develop a "Kubota Artist Series Style Book & DVD Tutorial", The Tamara Lackey Style Book, to instruct viewers on improving their own portrait and children’s photography using "Kubota Actions" (proprietary Photoshop plugins).
Lackey once again paired with Rex Ballard to develop a guide to help “everyday photographers” capture more from their life moments. Tamara Lackey's Capturing Life Through (Better) Photography teaches simple tips and tricks to transform point-and-shoot images into little works of art. It includes a 100-page book and 90-minute full-feature DVD sold individually or as a bundle with included quick reference guide.
Lackey has also presented internationally  at industry workshops and events, which include serving as a keynote speaker at the National Association of Professional Child Photographers’ Retreat and participating as a panel judge for the Wedding & Portrait Photographers International (WPPI) International Print Competition.
Combining artistry with spontaneous authenticity, Lackey’s new web series, the reDefine Show, examines the inspiring stories of top-tier creative artists who make it work. Lackey’s interview style showcases her abiding interest in real conversations that share practical tips, innovative methods, and previews of the newest and most useful technologies on the market.
- "Children's Portrait Photography with Tamara Lackey", creativelive.com. Accessed 17 November 2010.
- "Credits". Photography.
- Marianne Drenthe, review in Professional Photography, reproduced here in Lackey's website. Accessed 17 November 2010.
- Auey Santos, review, San Francisco Book Review, 15 December 2009. Accessed 17 November 2010.
- Nick Coury, in a piece reproduced here in Lackey's website. Accessed 17 November 2010.
- Scottbaby, "A Mini Review of Tamara Lackey’s Contemporary Children’s Photography Instructional DVD", photofocus.com, 18 May 2010. Accessed 17 November 2010.
- This is the product page of The Tamara Lackey Style Book at kubotaimagetools.com.
- Capturinglifebetter.com is its website.
- "Imaging USA 2010". speaking engagements.
- Tanya Alexis, "NAPCP retreat 2010: A full recap", National Association of Profession Child Photographers, 7 July 2010. Accessed 17 November 2010.
- Tamara Lackey
- reDefine Show
- Capturing Life Through (Better) Photography
- Technorati Interview, Tamara Lackey Talks Photographing the Famous
- Interview, Posing Images: Family Fun Fair 2011
- Kubota Click Interview, Meet Photography Dynamo and Classy Superstar, Tamara Lackey!
- CreativeLive Interview
- The Photography Parlour Interview
- The Dedicated Photographer Interview
- Go4ProPhotos Interview
- Interview by Crash Taylor