From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Tamba may refer to:
- A traditional name given to the second born son in the Kono Tribe of Sierra Leone, West Africa. (The first born is Sahr (Saah), the third born is Aiah (Eya), the fourth is Komba. The name order relates to a woman's second born son from a particular husband.)
- A name used by Kissi tribes in the triangle region of Sierra Leone, Guinea and Liberia, otherwise known as the Parrot's beak region. (Tamba is the second boy's name from a mother. Saah is first, Fayiah is third, Fallah is fourth. The Kissi tribe also name their girl children in order of Siah, Kumbah, Finda, Tewah, and Yawah (first through fifth)).
- Tamba Hali, Liberia-born American football player
- Tamba Province, a former province in Japan
- Tamba, Hyōgo, a city in Japan
- Tamba (train), a Limited Express train service operated by West Japan Railway Company.
- Tetsurō Tamba, Japanese actor
- Tamba (moth), a genus of noctuid moths
- Tamba, a puppet on Tikkabilla, a UK children's TV show
- Tamba, Estonia, village in Varbla Parish, Pärnu County, Estonia
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Tamba.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.
There is also Tamba Family Names is Senegal, the Gambia and Guinea