Oakland, California, U.S.
|Occupation||Hair stylist, wardrobe stylist|
Usher V (2007)
Naviyd Eli (2008)
Foster attended the Fashion Institute of Design and Merchandising in 1994, followed by a Merchandising Marketing major in Los Angeles. Her professional career started with her employment as a salesperson; she has also worked in management. During her attendance of the Fashion Institute, Foster briefly worked for Armani in the retail store and since then, has styled numerous international celebrities including Jay-Z, Ciara, Nas and Mary J. Blige.
Foster is credited as the founder of charity organization The Lost Ones Foundation, founded in 2009. The organization is a non-profit and serves as a motivational group for teenage girls.
Foster has five children. Her first son was born during her teenage years. She had her next 2 sons with Atlanta-based clothier Ryan Glover, whom she had been dating since 1998; they married in 2002 and separated and divorced on March 13, 2007
In 2006, while still married to Ryan Glover, Foster became involved romantically with singer Usher, who had hired her as a stylist. He proposed to her in January 2007 and announced their engagement in February. They married on August 3, 2007 in a private ceremony. Foster's fourth and Usher's first child, son Usher Raymond V, was born in November 2007. In December 2008, Foster gave birth to her fifth son, Naviyd Ely Raymond.
In February 2009, Foster suffered from cardiac arrest in a São Paulo, Brazil hospital. She had been there to get a liposuction; however, the procedure was never performed and she was put in a medically induced coma to aid her recovery.
In June 2009, Usher filed for divorce, citing irreconcilable differences when claiming to have lived separately from Foster for nearly a year. Foster's family spoke against the claims, stating Usher had been living in their Atlanta home until March 2009.
On July 6, 2012, Foster's 11-year-old son Kile was critically injured after he and a teenage friend, riding on an inner tube on Lake Lanier near Atlanta, were hit by a Jet Ski operated by family friend Jeffrey S. Hubbard. Shortly afterward he was declared brain dead, and died July 21, 2012, of heart failure, after initial reports had said he was taken off life support.
On August 24, 2012, ex-husband Usher was awarded primary physical custody of their two sons, with the couple to share legal custody.
- "Biography". Lost Ones Foundation. 2010. Archived from the original on March 24, 2010.
- Finn, Natalie (2007-08-04). "Usher Takes the Plunge". E!. Archived from the original on June 29, 2011. Retrieved 2008-04-26.
- Aswad, Jem (2007-11-28). "Usher, Tameka Raymond Welcome Baby Boy". MTV. Retrieved 2008-01-19.
- Dyball, Rennie (2008-12-11). "Usher Welcomes Baby No. 2". People. Time, Inc. Retrieved 2008-12-11.
- "Usher’s Wife Suffers Heart Attack". idiomag. 2009-02-13. Retrieved 2009-02-13.
- "Usher to divorce Tameka Foster". NME. IPC Media. 2009-06-11. Retrieved 2009-06-12.
- Lehner, Maria (June 13, 2009). Usher Files for Divorce. People. Accessed 2009-06-16.
- "Sources: Usher's stepson died of heart failure". WSB-TV / The Atlanta Journal Constitution. July 21, 2012. Retrieved August 27, 2012.
- Taylor, Derrick Bryson (July 27, 2012). "Tameka Raymond and Usher Say Goodbye to Kile Glover". Essence. Retrieved August 27, 2012. BET had erroneously reported the accident date as July 8, 2012, but WSB-TV gave the official findings of the Georgia Department of Natural Resources.
- Landrum, Jonathan, Jr. (August 24, 2012). "R&B singer Usher wins primary physical custody of 2 sons, ending legal fight with ex-wife". Associated Press via the Orlando Sentinel. Retrieved August 27, 2012.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Tameka Foster.|