Erin in 2003
|Born||Tamara Erin Klicman
July 8, 1974
Wheaton, Illinois, United States
Tami Erin (born Tamara Erin Klicman, July 8, 1974) is an American actress and model from Wheaton, Illinois. She is best known for her portrayal of Pippi Longstocking in the 1988 Columbia Pictures film The New Adventures of Pippi Longstocking.
Acting and modeling
Tami Erin began acting and modeling at 8 years old after becoming an Elite model with Elite Model Management one of the worlds’ biggest modeling agencies. Erin auditioned for her first movie role at 11 years old and won the starring role out of over 8,000 young actresses worldwide. Erin was chosen for the title role of Pippi Longstocking in the Columbia Pictures movie The New Adventures of Pippi Longstocking after a worldwide search by casting director Garrison True. Casting director Garrison True said that finding someone like her "is an effort that has taken many years and much patience..." and she was considered the perfect choice for the part once they discovered her: "She's a free-spirited, fun-loving ringleader who prefers blue jeans and tennis shoes and loves to get dirty. . . but is still very much a girl."
Her acting was considered unique for a child star "Erin's performance as the irrepressible, outrageous Pippi--the girl who dresses as she pleases, goes to bed when she wants to, who can destroy the pomposity of adults with lightning-quick logic, and who possesses amazing powers . . ." Others in the cast found her self-assertiveness could also be a bit disturbing: "Erin is so overbearing in the leading role that one longs for a little peace and quiet."
The film's director, Ken Annakin describes her personality a good fit for the role: "Tami radiates sunshine. When she smiles everyone is happy. She's perfect and she is Pippi Longstocking". In conjunction with the release of the movie Erin signed endorsement deals with Aqua Fresh Toothpaste, Hostess and Determined Toys the manufacturers of the "Tami Erin Pippi Longstocking Dolls".
The first Royal world premiere was hosted by the Princess of Japan, Princess Nori in Tokyo, Japan. The second Royal premiere was hosted by King Karl, Queen Silvia and author Astrid Lindgren in Stockholm, Sweden.
Erin served as a UNICEF Ambassador. Working with UNICEF, she spoke internationally on behalf of the United Nations and at the United Nations on World Children's Day to the delegates of over 100 countries. Erin's charity work began as a UNICEF ambassador. In 2011, Erin partnered with Create Now and La Fine Clothing for a fundraising campaign. Tami and La Fine Clothing co-designed a line of t-shirts sold in Europe, Japan and the United States with 100% of the profits benefitting Create Now.
Erin also heads the Pippi Clothing line and just became an ambassador for Hearts.com, an eco-fashion line of 2,000 artisans who recycle clothing and accessories for six international charities.
In 2013 Tami became an International Ambassador for Hearts.com to raise funds for the IHeart Change program for 6 international charities including Generosity Water, Pencils of Promise, Eden Projects, International Lifeline Fund, Free The Slaves, and Kili To Chili. 
|1988||The New Adventures of Pippi Longstocking||Pippi Longstocking|
|1988||Don't Just Sit There||Tami Erin|
|1998||Kill You Twice||Angie|
|2005||The Little Rose||Flower Girl|
|2010||Tim and Eric Awesome Show, Great Job! Chrimbus Special||Pasta Bear Wife|
|2012||I Heart San Francisco||Tami Erin|
|1986–1989||International Network Television||Tami Erin||Various|
|1986–1989||Domestic Network Television||Tami Erin||Various|
|1988||Yappari Neko Ga Suki||Tami Erin||Fuji Television Network|
|1998||The Grand Prize||Tami Erin||ARD (Broadcasting)|
|1998||Good Morning America||Tami Erin||ABC Television|
|1988||Today Show||Tami Erin||NBC|
|1988||Entertainment Tonight||Tami Erin||CBS Television|
|1995||BBC News||Tami Erin||BBC News|
|2010||TMZ on TV||Tami Erin||Fox Broadcasting Company|
- Gire, Dann (11/28/13). "Sr. News Reporter". Chicago Herald. Retrieved 4/2/2013.
- "Pippi Longstocking Goes to Hollywood", Sweden & America, Swedish Council of America, 1987 p.8
- The New Adventures of Pippi Longstocking, Review, Variety Film Reviews, vol. 20, 1987-1988, Garland Publishing (1987)
- Gire, Dann (11/28/13). "Tami Erin and Create Now". Chicago Herald. Retrieved 4/2/2013.
- Gire, Dann (11/28/13). "Tami Erin United Nations and UNICEF". Chicago Herald. Retrieved 4/2/2013.
- Sydney, Australia (12/3/13). "Yahoo 7 TV".
- Williams, Alex (18 October 2013). "When Celebrity Sex Videos Are Rated Y (for Yawn)". The New York Times. Retrieved 29 October 2013.
- "Don't Just Sit There". IMDb.com. Retrieved 2013-11-02.
- "Kill You Twice". IMDb.com. Retrieved 2013-11-02.
- "The Little Rose". IMDb.com. Retrieved 2013-11-02.
- "''Agents''". Youtube.com. 2007-08-23. Retrieved 2013-10-29.
- "Disconnect". IMDb.com. Retrieved 2013-11-02.
- "Tim and Eric Awesome Show, Great Job! Chrimbus Special". IMDb.com. Retrieved 2013-11-02.