July 31, 1972
(m.2010-present; 1 child)
|Children||Daughter (b. 2011)|
Stronach was born to Israeli and Scottish parents in Tehran. Her father, David Stronach, is a renowned archeologist of ruins of Ancient Persia (modern-day Iran) and a professor at UC Berkeley. David met his wife, an Israeli archeologist named Ruth Vaadia, in Tehran, where they both worked on excavations at a Tehran site. They got married shortly afterwards, and Tami is their second child.
Stronach made her acting debut as "The Childlike Empress" in The Neverending Story (1984), a film adaptation of the novel Die Unendliche Geschichte (The Neverending Story) by Michael Ende. She has not since had many known acting roles; her parents preferred that she did not pursue any further acting to avoid the possible dangers many child actresses in both movies and television sometimes encounter. She has nevertheless since acted in the play "Chambre" at the La MaMa Experimental Theatre Club, and she has further studied acting with Laura Esterman. More recently, she has suggested that she would like to return to acting after her hiatus.
She also released a 45 rpm single around the same time as The Neverending Story entitled Tami Stronach - Fairy Queen. The songs on the album are called "Fairy Queen" and "Riding On a Rainbow." The tracks are of similar synthpop orientation as the Giorgio Moroder/Limahl Neverending Story theme, and may have been an attempt to capitalize on its success.[dead link]
Since the days of her childhood role, she has become a member of a well-respected Israeli dance troupe based in the U.S, the Neta Dance Company, joining them in 1996, she performed with the company mostly in places like the U.S, Israel and Europe. She has also choreographed and performed her own works, including "The Maid and the Marmalade" and "Contain yourself, darling." While her own work has typically been performed in New York City, she has begun more recently to take this abroad, such as with a tour of Australia in July 2006.
She has been married to Greg Steinbruner since April 30, 2010. They have a daughter (born in January 2011).
- 1984 - The NeverEnding Story - The Childlike Empress / Southern Oracle
- 2008 - Fredy a Zlatovláska - Panenka z krámku kuriozit
Awards and Nominations
- 1985 - Young Artist Award for Best Young Supporting Actress in a Motion Picture Musical, Comedy, Adventure or Drama - Nominated
- Stronach, Tami. "Tami Stronach 'Mother Tongue'", Tami Stronach Dance. Accessed September 27, 2007.
- Waldbaum, Jane C. "From the President: Gentleman and Scholar", Archaeology Magazine, Volume 57 Number 2, March/April 2004. Accessed September 27, 2007.
- "FORGOTTEN NEVER ENDING STORY STAR RETURNS", ContactMusic.com, June 5, 2005. Accessed September 27, 2007.
- Morris, Clint. "Movie Hole Mailbag - 5/5/05", Moviehole.net, May 5, 2005. Accessed September 27, 2007.
- Neta Dance Company [the company], Netacompany.org. Accessed September 27, 2007.
- "TAMI STRONACH fairy queen (by ralph siegel)", CDandLP.com. Accessed September 27, 2007.
- Stronach, Tami. "Tami Stronach Resume", Tami Stronach Dance. Accessed September 27, 2007.
- "New York Musical Theatre Festival", The New York Musical Theater Festival (official Web site). Accessed September 27, 2007.
Dance and choreography reviews
|Wikiquote has a collection of quotations related to: Tami Stronach|
- Tami Stronach Dance Website
- Tami Stronach at the Internet Movie Database
- Moviehole MailBag 5/5/05
- Neta Dance Company: The Company