Caltrain commuter rail station
VTA light rail station
The light rail platform at Tamien
|Address||Lelong Street and Alma Avenue
San Jose, California
Limited-stop serviceVTA Light Rail
|Connections||VTA Bus Routes 25, 82|
|Platforms||1 island platform (Caltrain)
1 island platform (VTA)
|Passengers (2012)||653 per weekday 13.1% (Caltrain)|
Tamien Station is an intermodal passenger transportation station served by the Santa Clara Valley Transportation Authority (VTA) light rail system, two bus routes, and the Caltrain commuter rail line. The station has two distinct elevated rail platforms – one for Caltrain, the other for light rail. Each is a center platform with two trackways (one on each side). The two platforms are connected by a walkway at ground-level that is below the two platforms.
Currently, Caltrain does not serve this station during the middle of the day on weekdays. On weekends, a Caltrain shuttle bus instead of a train connects Tamien to the San Jose Diridon station.
Address: 1355 Lick Avenue , San Jose, California
Nearest cross-street: West Alma Avenue
The light rail platform is located in the center median of the State Route 87 freeway just north of the Alma Avenue overpass. The Caltrain platform is located between Lick Avenue and State Route 87, just north of Alma Avenue.
- Child Care center
- Park and Ride lot
- Elevator at both stations
- Wheelchair accessible
- Highway 87 Bicycle & Pedestrian Path access - adjacent to station - path runs from just north of Tamien Station to the SR 85/SR 87 interchange
- VTA Bus Route 25 - Alum Rock Transit Center to De Anza College
- VTA Bus Route 82 - Westgate to Downtown San Jose
- Hylkema, Mark, Tamien Station Archeological Project, published by Bean, Lowell John, editor, The Ohlone: Past and Present Native Americans of the San Francisco Bay Region. Menlo Park, CA: Ballena Press Publication, 1994. ISBN 0-87919-129-5 (pages 249-270).
- Caltrain. "February 2012 Caltrain Annual Passenger Counts". Retrieved 2012-02-03.
- Media related to Tamien Station at Wikimedia Commons
- Station information (Caltrain)
- Station information (Transit Unlimited)
|This California train station-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|