Centenary block of the Tamil Nadu Agricultural University, Coimbatore
Tamil Nadu Agricultural University (TNAU) is an agricultural university located in Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu, India.
- The Tamil Nadu Agricultural University traces its roots to the Agricultural School at Saidapet, Chennai, established in 1868.
- In 1906 the school was relocated to Coimbatore.
- On 1 June 1971 the university itself was established. with erstwhile Faculty of Agriculture of University of Madras as nucleus
The University is offering 13 undergraduate programs, 40 graduate programs and 27 doctoral programs.
The university has 11 constituent colleges and four affiliated colleges. Affiliated college offer only undergraduate studies.
Constituent colleges 
Affiliated Colleges 
- Adhiparasakthi Agricultural college, Kalavai
- Vanavarayar Agricultural College, Pollachi
- Thanthai Rover Institute of Agriculture and Rural Development, Perambalur
- MMMCollege of Agricultural Technology, Kullapuram
- Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru college of Agriculture and Research Institute, Karaikal, Puducherry
Notable alumni 
See also 
External links 
Coordinates: 11°07′03″N 76°59′40″E / 11.11760°N 76.99442°E