Tamil Nadu Civil Supplies Corporation
|தமிழ்நாடு நுகர்பொருள் வாணிபக் கழகம்|
|Government of Tamil Nadu|
|Industry||Food Grains, Commodity Distribution|
|Headquarters||Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India|
|Tamil Nadu, India|
|Owner||Government of Tamil Nadu|
|Parent||Department of Co-operation, Food and Consumer Protection (Tamil Nadu)|
The Tamil Nadu Civil Supplies Corporation (Tamil: தமிழ்நாடு நுகர்பொருள் வாணிபக் கழகம் (வரையறுக்கப்பட்டது)) is governed by Government of Tamil Nadu was established at the year 1956. It is responsible for providing food grains, commodities for the people under Public Distribution System through Ration shops. It also provides kerosene at very low cost. Some of the commodities are Rice, Wheat, Sugar,Cooking Oil, Rava etc.,
- Procure the products
- Store the products by own or Tamil Nadu Warehousing Corporation Warehousing Godowns
- Supply the products by own or through Tamil Nadu Consumers Cooperative Federation Limited (TNCCF) Stores
- Direct Purchase Centre (DPC): Rice procurement from farmers 
- Modern Rice Mills (MRM) (22 mills across Tamil Nadu) – Rice hulling are operating at these mills 
- Corporation Retail Stores(CRS): Tamil Nadu Government Public Distribution System Stores (TN PDS Store) [Tamil Nadu Civil Supplies Corporation runs 1162 TN PDS Stores in Tamil Nadu as per Tamil Nadu Government Order] 
- Fuel Retail Outlet [Petrol / Diesel Retail: operating 3 Indian Oil Corporation Petrol / Diesel Bunks each one at Mandarakuppam (Cuddalore District), Tirupathur (Vellore District) and Pattukkottai (Thanjavur District)] [LPG Retail Outlets: operating 5 outlets each one at Arani (Thiruvanamalai District), Thiruchi, Udagamandalam and Mandapam & Rameshwaram (Ramanathapuram District)] 
- Kerosene Retail Outlet (KRO): operating 30 kerosene retail outlets across Tamil Nadu 
- Amudham Departmental Stores (ADS) [operating 27 Amudham Departmental Stores (ADS) across Tamil Nadu; 22 in Chennai District and 5 in Cuddalore District] 
- Warehousing Godown (WHG) [operating 17 own Warehousing Godowns] 
Ration card is issued by Tamil Nadu Civil Supplies Corporation to family residing in Tamil Nadu. It consists of Head of family Photograph with all the family members name, age, sex, No. of LPG connections printed on the backside of the card with full residential address of family. The card is issued for every five years, each years are tabulated to every month to get the commodities from ration shop. It is used as important address proof for all government applications.
- "TNCSC DPC". tncsc.tn.gov.in. Retrieved 4 June 2012.
- "TNCSC MRM". tncsc.tn.gov.in. Retrieved 4 June 2012.
- "TNCSC CRS". tncsc.tn.gov.in. Retrieved 4 June 2012.
- "TNCSC Fuel Retail". tncsc.tn.gov.in. Retrieved 4 June 2012.
- "TNCSC KRO". tncsc.tn.gov.in. Retrieved 4 June 2012.
- "TNCSC ADS". tncsc.tn.gov.in. Retrieved 4 June 2012.
- "TNCSC WHG". tncsc.tn.gov.in. Retrieved 4 June 2012.
- http://www.tncsc.tn.gov.in/ Official Website
- http://www.consumer.tn.gov.in/ Civil Supplies and Consumer Protection Department
|This Tamil Nadu related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|