|This article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2010)|
Tamir Muskat is an Israeli musician/producer-engineer who was born and raised in Petach Tikva, Israel as son of a Romanian immigrant. His Father was the manager of Anzeagi Conservatorion for music in Petach Tikva. As a teenager, he was already a prominent rock drummer and percussionist. Early on, Tamir started producing Israel’s first thrash metal records in his basement studio but also began working with Sephardic Eastern singers of Greek and Turkish origin in a highly-ornamented style that is Middle Eastern in nature.
Tamir moved to the United States in 1995 and joined the band Izabo. In 1996, Tamir joined the internationally acclaimed band Firewater as a drummer and producer. With Firewater, he toured the world and made three albums, two of which he produced. Tamir founded Vibromonk Records with Dan Shatzky, which has become an important music production studio in New York City. Since then Tamir has produced albums with exceptional artists from around the world, and has helped create a unique musical palette. As a member of the instrumental trio Big Lazy, he released The Big Apple's Creme de la Crème, called primeval, lurid, mournful, frantic, pretty, dissonant, stark, lush by The Village Voice and elegantly gritty stunningly beautiful music by The New Yorker. Big Lazy has written music for various films, and toured with The White Stripes, John Spencer Blues Explosion, Reverent Horton Heat, Tom Tom Club and Firewater.
In 2002, Tamir launched a project called J.U.F. with Ori Kaplan and members of Gogol Bordello. This electro/Gypsy/punk band created a new music scene in New York City, making remixes for Gypsy labels in Europe and DJing. The collective Balkan Beat Box is a progression of this style of music, taking a worldly approach to the music of their ancestors and evolving it to not only include the region of the world that they emigrated from, but also to incorporate the musical styles from their parents' and grandparents' birthplaces.
in 2007 Muskat Opened Vibromonk East in Tel Aviv, where he produce records for Artists from around the globe.
- ASAF AVIDAN -"Different Pulsess" - producer, musician, engineer, mixer
- OREN BARZILAY - "Sorrow demons joy blizzards" - producer, musician, engineer, mixer
- FIREWATER - "The golden hour" - producer, musician, engineer, mixer
- HAVA ALBERSTAIN - "Ech etslecha" - producer, musician, engineer, mixer
- BALKAN BEAT BOX - "Give" - band member
- BALKAN BEAT BOX - "Blue Eyed Black Boy" - band member
- BALKAN BEAT BOX - "Nu Med" - band member
- J.U.F - "Gogol Bordello VS Tamir Muskat" - band member
- ALAEV FAMILY and TAMIR MUSKAT - producer, musician, engineer, mixer
- BIG LAZY - 3 Albums - Band member / Producer
- Vibromonk Records
- Techno Fusion from Balkan Beat Box Interview