Tamluk (community development block)
তমলুক সমষ্টি উন্নয়ন ব্লক
|community development block|
|• Total||124.64 km2 (48.12 sq mi)|
|• Density||1,600/km2 (4,200/sq mi)|
|• Official||Bengali, English|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Tamluk|
|Vidhan Sabha constituency||Moyna, Nandakumar, Tamluk|
Tamluk (community development block) is an administrative division in Tamluk subdivision of Purba Medinipur district in the Indian state of West Bengal. Tamluk police station serves this block. Headquarters of this block is at Naikuri. Dakshin Baguan is a census town in this block.
Naikuri is located at.
Gram panchayats of Tamluk block/ panchayat samiti are: Anantapur I, Anantapur II, Bishnubar I, Bishnubar II, Nilkuntha, Padumpur I, Padumpur II, Pipulberia I, Pipulberia II, Srirampur I and Srirampur II.
As per 2001 census, Tamluk block had a total population of 204,406, out of which 104,982 were males and 91,424 were females. Tamluk block registered a population growth of 12.06 per cent during the 1991-2001 decade. Decadal growth for the combined Midnapore district was 14.87 per cent.Decadal growth in West Bengal was 17.84 per cent.
- "Contact details of Block Development Officers". Purba Medinipur district. West Bengal Government. Retrieved 2011-07-20.
- "Provisional population totals, West Bengal, Table 4, (erstwhile) Medinipur District". Census of India 2001. Census Commission of India. Retrieved 2011-07-20.
- "Balance of 2nd Installment for 2010-11 under BRGF for Purba Medinipur". No. 12 -(Sanction) RD/CCA/BRGF/1C-12/07 Date: 12.4.2011. Government of West Bengal - Department of Panchayats & Rural Development. Retrieved 20-07-20.
- "Provisional Population Totals, West Bengal. Table 4". Census of India 2001, Medinipur district. Census Commission of India. Retrieved 2011-07-20.
- "National Highways and their lengths". NHAI. Retrieved 2011-07-20.