From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Tampa is a city on the west coast of the central part of the U.S. state of Florida.
Tampa may also refer to:
- Tampa, Western Australia, an abandoned town in the goldfields
- Tâmpa (disambiguation), the name of three places in Romania
- Tampa, Colorado, an unincorporated community in the north central portion of the U.S. state of Colorado
- Tampa, Kansas, a small town near the center of the U.S. state of Kansas
- Tampa Bay, a body of water on the west coast of Florida at the center of the Tampa Bay Area
- Tampa Bay Area, the Tampa-St. Petersburg-Clearwater, Florida, Metropolitan Statistical Area, often referred to simply as "Tampa Bay"
- New Tampa, a neighborhood within the city limits of Tampa, Florida
- Tampa Overlook, a neighborhood within the city limits of Tampa, Florida
- West Tampa, a neighborhood within the city limits of Tampa, Florida which was an independent city until 1925
Several professional sports teams use "Tampa" in their names, including:
- The Tampa Bay Buccaneers of the National Football League
- The Tampa Bay Lightning of the National Hockey League
- The Tampa Bay Rays of Major League Baseball
- Tampa (LACMTA station), an Orange Line station operated by the Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority
- The Battle of Tampa, an American Civil War battle
- MV Tampa, a Norwegian cargo ship
- Tampa affair, an Australian political controversy and diplomatic dispute involving the MV Tampa in 2001
- TAMPA Cargo (Transportes Aéreos Mercantiles Panamericanos S.A.), a cargo airline based in Medellín, Colombia
- The University of Tampa, a private college located on the grounds of the old Tampa Bay Hotel near downtown Tampa
- Tampa (novel), a novel by Alissa Nutting published in 2013.
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.