September 16, 1970 |
Luling, Texas, USA
|Education||Bachelor of Arts in Broadcast Journalism from Temple University|
|Notable credit(s)||KBTX (1992-1994)
Tamron Hall (born September 16, 1970 in Luling, Texas) is national correspondent for NBC News. She is a day-side anchor for MSNBC and host of the program NewsNation with Tamron Hall. Hall is also a co-anchor of Today's Take, the third hour of Today. She also often substitutes as an anchor for the Orange Room and news on Today.
Hall received her Bachelor of Arts in Broadcast Journalism from Temple University. Her first reporter position was as a general assignment reporter at KBTX in Bryan/College Station, Texas. She quickly moved to KTVT in Fort Worth, Texas. From 1997 to 2007, she worked for WFLD-TV in Chicago. As a former Chicago resident, she frequently reported on issues related to Chicago politics.
At MSNBC, Hall served as a general reporter and fill-in anchor, first achieving prominence as a substitute anchor for Keith Olbermann on Countdown with Keith Olbermann. Hall then joined David Shuster as co-host of a two-hour program, The Big Picture, which premiered June 1, 2009, and concluded January 29, 2010.
It was announced in July 2013 that Hall would host another series, Deadline: Crime With Tamron Hall, on Investigation Discovery. It debuted on September 1, 2013. The weekly newsmagazine series features two crime occurrences per episode with Hall and her investigative team digging deeper to uncover details on why/how things happened within each case. Tamron dedicates the series to her older sister, whose death was ruled a homicide in 2004 and is still unsolved.
- "Tamron Hall Named Co-Host of the Third Hour of "Today"". The Futon Critic (Press release). NBC. February 24, 2014. Retrieved February 24, 2014.
- "Meet the faces: Tamron Hall". MSNBC. Retrieved August 30, 2013.
- "TCA: ID Announces ‘Deadline: Crime With Tamron Hall’". Deadline Hollywood. July 25, 2013. Retrieved August 30, 2013.
- Bibel, Sara (July 25, 2013). "'Deadline: Crime With Tamron Hall' to Premiere Sunday. September 1 on Investigation Discovery". TV by the Numbers (Press release). Retrieved August 30, 2013.
- Witherspoon, Chris (August 30, 2013). "Tamron Hall talks ‘Deadline: Crime’ and opens up about her sister’s murder". The Grio. Retrieved August 30, 2013.
|This biographical article related to television in the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|