|Tamsui Station platform|
|Address||No. 1 Zhongzheng Road|
|Opened||March 28, 1997|
|Line(s)||Tamsui Line (R33)
|Daily Ridership||72,778 (2011)
(Ranked 7th of 89)
|Operator(s)||Taipei Rapid Transit System|
The Taipei Metro Tamsui Station (formerly Tamshui Station from 1997 until 2003 and Danshui Station from 2003 until 2011) is located in Tamsui District, New Taipei, Taiwan. It is the terminal station of the Tamsui Line. The location of the station can be traced back to the same-named station of the now-defunct TRA Tamsui Line. Tamsui Station is the northernmost metro station in Taiwan.
Tamsui Station is elevated, has an island platform and two exits. The station is situated between the south side of Zhongzheng West Road and west of the Zhongshan-Zhongzheng Road intersection. Restrooms are located inside the main entrance area.
The station is heavily used by people looking to visit the sea-side district of Tamsui.
- October 25, 1901: Opens with the Tamsui Railroad Line as "Tamsui Parking Station".
- 1951: A renovated station is opened.
- July 15, 1988: Closes with the ending of service on the TRA Tamsui Line. It had two side platforms.
Taipei Metro Station
- December 15, 1988: Construction begins on the Taipei Metro Tamsui Line.
- March 28, 1997: Opens for service on the Taipei Metro Tamsui Line with the opening of the route from Tamsui to Zhongshan.
|2F||Platform 1||Tamsui Line toward Xiangshan (Hongshulin) →|
|Island platform, doors will open on the left/ right|
|Platform 2||Tamsui Line toward Xiangshan (Hongshulin) →|
|Street Level||Concourse||Entrance/Exit, lobby, information desk, automatic ticket machines, one-way faregates
Around the station
- Tamsui River
- Tamsui Sunset Scenic Area
- Riverside Park
- Tamsui River Bike Route
- Tamsui District Office
- Danshui Old Street
- Former British Merchant Warehouse
- Tamsui Ferry Wharf
- Yingzhuan Rd. Night Market
- Tamkang University
- Fort Santo Domingo
- Teng Feng Fish Ball Museum
- Drop of Water Memorial Hall
|Preceding station||Taipei Metro||Following station|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Tamsui Station.|
- "Passenger Volume at Taipei Rapid Transit Stations" (PDF). Taipei City Department of Transportation. 2012-01-20. Retrieved 2012-02-05.
- "Route Map: Danshui". Taipei Rapid Transit Corporation. Retrieved 2010-06-20.
|This Taiwanese rapid transit article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|