Tan Tee Beng
Tan Tee Beng
|Member of the Malaysian Parliament
for Nibong Tebal, Penang
8 March 2008
|Preceded by||Zainal Abidin Osman|
Gerakan (until 2000)
|Occupation||Member of Parliament|
Tan was elected to Parliament in the 2008 election for the opposition Keadilan party, unseating Zainal Abidin Osman, a government Minister. On 1 March 2010, Tan announced he was leaving Keadilan to sit as an Independent member of Parliament. His resignation from Keadilan followed the instigation of disciplinary action against him by the party after he criticised Penang Chief Minister Lim Guan Eng from the party's Pakatan Rakyat coalition partner the Democratic Action Party.
Tan's father, Datuk Tan Gim Hwa, was a founding member of the Gerakan party (part of the Barisan Nasional coalition government), and Tee Beng himself is a former official in Gerakan's youth wing.
In April 2013, a rumour was circulated that Joceline Tan (a columnist with The Star) is a sister of Tan Tee Beng. This rumour has been denied by Joceline Tan.
Election results 
|Year||Parliamentary seat||Votes Obtained||Majority||Ballots Cast||Opponent||Turnout|
|2008||P47 Nibong Tebal, Penang||20,210||3,087||38,129||Zainal Abidin Osman (Barisan Nasional - UMNO)||80%|
- Illogical to remove Koh, says Penang Gerakan Youth, Hafiz Marzukhi, 9 August 2011, The Star (Malaysia)
- "Penang Umno on its toes". The Star (Malaysia). 27 January 2008. Retrieved 31 December 2009.
- "Malaysia Decides 2008". The Star (Malaysia). Retrieved 31 December 2009.
- "Nibong Tebal MP quits PKR (Updated)". The Star (Malaysia) (Star Publications (Malaysia)). 1 March 2010. Retrieved 1 March 2010.
- "Following in dad’s footsteps". The Star (Malaysia). 21 January 2008. Retrieved 31 December 2009.
- "Gerakan veep slams party leadership over show-cause letter". The Star (Malaysia). 3 June 2009. Retrieved 31 December 2009.
- "Tech junkie". The Star (Malaysia). 25 March 2008. Retrieved 31 December 2009.
- "GE13: It’s not all truth on social media" The Star (Malaysia) 1 May 2013 (Retrieved 13 May 2013) http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2013/5/1/focus/13048317&sec=focus
|This article about a Malaysian politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|