No. -- Washington Redskins
|Date of birth:July 21, 1985|
|Place of birth: Silver Spring, Maryland|
|High school: Potomac (MD) Bullis|
|NFL Draft: 2007 / Round: 4 / Pick: 106|
|Debuted in 2007 for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers|
|Roster status: Suspended|
Career NFL statistics as of 2013
Tanard Ricardo Jackson (born July 21, 1985) is an American football safety for the Washington Redskins of the National Football League (NFL). He was drafted by the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in the fourth round of the 2007 NFL Draft. He played college football at Syracuse.
Jackson played high school football at Bullis School in Potomac, Maryland where he played running back and defensive back. During his senior year he was named the team's MVP after totaling 1,132 rushing yards, 15 touchdowns, four interceptions, 78 tackles, and two sacks. He finished his career with 252 tackles, a school record 19 interceptions, 3,121 rushing yards, and 39 total touchdowns.
Jackson played his college football at Syracuse University. During his senior season he was earned All-Big East Conference second-team honors. He finished his career with 165 tackles, 2.5 sacks, 8.5 tackles for loss, and five interceptions
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Jackson was drafted by the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in the fourth round of the 2007 NFL Draft. Although he played cornerback while at Syracuse, the Bucs converted him to a free safety. He started all 16 games during his rookie season, recording 56 tackles, and two interceptions.
On September 22, 2010, he was suspended indefinitely by the NFL for a violation of their substance abuse policy. Because the suspension was Tanard's second violation (he missed the first four games in the previous season due to a violation), he was declared ineligible for reinstatement until September 22, 2011, ending his season after two games and 13 tackles. He was reinstated on the 11th of October 2011.
On October 14, he was placed on the Buccaneers active roster. He made his first 2011 Season debut on Sunday October 16, 2011 against the New Orleans Saints  Jackson got a pick in his first game against the Saints at home during week 6 of the 2011 season. He later got a pick in the second game which was week 7 against the Chicago Bears in London after not playing football for 56 weeks of suspension.
Jackson was released by the Buccaneers on April 10, 2012 after he failed to pass a physical.
Jackson signed with the Washington Redskins on April 13, 2012. At the start of the training camp, he was placed on the physically unable to perform (PUP) list due to a calf injury. On July 30, 2012, he was cleared by a doctor to practice and taken off the PUP list. On August 31, 2012, Jackson was suspended indefinitely for violating the league's substance policy, and will be eligible for reinstatement on August 31, 2013. A year later, he became eligible for reinstatement.
After serving a year and a half long suspension, the NFL announced that Jackson would be officially reinstated on May 6, 2014. The Redskins terminated Jackson's contract soon after, however Jackson would re-sign the next day. As of July 9, 2014, he was suspended indefinitely for a second time for another violation of the NFL drug policy, making it the fourth time Jackson has been suspended from the league.
- Redskins sign Tanard Jackson
- Campbell, Rich (April 13, 2012). "Redskins add secondary depth, sign FS Tanard Jackson". WashingtonTimes.com. Retrieved 2012-05-29.
- Jones, Mike (July 26, 2012). "Redskins training camp: Observations from Day 1". WashingtonPost.com. Retrieved 2012-07-27.
- Maske, Mark (July 30, 2012). "Tanard Jackson must wait a few more days to start practicing". WashingtonPost.com. Retrieved 2012-07-30.
- Hanzus, Dan (August 31, 2012). "Tanard Jackson of Redskins suspended indefinitely". NFL.com. Retrieved 2012-08-31.
- Maske, Mark (August 31, 2013). "Tanard Jackson eligible for reinstatement, but no immediate action by NFL". WashingtonPost.com. Retrieved 2013-08-31.
- Hanzus, Dan (May 5, 2014). "Redskins' Tanard Jackson set to be reinstated by NFL". NFL.com. Retrieved 2014-05-05.
- Keim, John (May 6, 2014). "Redskins release Tanard Jackson". ESPN.com. Retrieved 2014-05-06.
- Keim, John. "Tanard Jackson back with Redskins". ESPN.com. Retrieved 8 May 2014.
- Hanzus, Dan (July 9, 2014). "Tanard Jackson suspended indefinitely by NFL". NFL.com. Retrieved 2014-07-09.
- Boyer, Zac (July 9, 2014). "Tanard Jackson suspended indefinitely by NFL — again". WashingtonTimes.com. Retrieved 2014-07-09.
- Zimmet, Daniel (May 23, 2012). "Jackson Excited For Fresh Start In Washington". Redskins.com. Retrieved 2012-05-28.