|Born||Tanaya K. Henry
Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States
|Ethnicity||Russian, African American, Sioux Native American|
|Occupation||Model, Actress, Jewelry Designer|
|Height||5 ft 7 in (1.70 m)|
|Manager||Vision Management Group (MN)
Wilhelmina Models (NYC)
NTA Talent Agency (Los Angeles)
Tanaya K. Henry (born August 31, 1988) is an American model, actress, and jewelry designer from Minneapolis, Minnesota.
Henry was born in Minneapolis, Minnesota, on August 31, 1988, she is the daughter of Tawnya Henry, and an unknown man but was adopted at a young age by Derrick Henry who's a bodyguard. Henry's father is of African American and Native American descent, and Henry's mother is of Russian, Native American, Irish, and German descent. With the exception of a couple of childhood years in New Orleans, she grew up in various parts of Minnesota with her two younger siblings, graduating from Savage, Minnesota Prior Lake High in 2006. Henry briefly attended Normandale College in Minneapolis for computer science. Beginning modeling at a young age, Henry shot with local Minneapolis photographers. Subsequently, she moved to New York City to work as a professional model. Henry is known as a human billboard from her year-long She Wears Your Tee campaign in 2010.
In New York, she signed with Wilhelmina Models and appeared in commercials, editorial and print campaigns representing several brands. Henry has appeared, uncredited, in numerous music videos. She later moved into a warehouse in Hoboken, NJ called The Pudding Factory, owned by photographer River Clark, with whom she collaborated.
In a notable campaign of her own design, Henry become a human billboard, selling the days on her calendar to companies in exchange for promotion. This marketing technique attracted media coverage, The site featured a calendar where reservations could be made by the day for Henry's marketing services, with the price increasing by $1 per day. Companies participating included Adidas, Vimeo, Groupon, hip-hop group Atmosphere and others.
In late 2009, Henry developed an earring necklace known as the "Earlace", which appeared in Nicki Minaj's "Your Love" video. Henry claims to holds an unreferenced patent for this invention.
|2010||"Gun" starring 50 Cent||Featured|
|2009||"Hunting Shadows" Independent Film||Valeska (Lead)|
|2012||E! Summer Line Up||Starring The Kardashians|
|2011||Bing||Starring Swizz Beatz|
|2010||Lugz||Starring Cain Velasquez|
- "HighSnobette Exclusive: Tanaya Henry Interview". highsnobette.com. Retrieved 2010-08-03.
- "Tanaya Henry". makingofamogul.com. Retrieved 2011-09-10.
- J., C. (2010-02-03). "SheWearsYourTee.com is part of her body of work". Star Tribune Lifestyle. Retrieved 2011-09-28.
- Moss, Hilary (2010-02-03). "Model Tanaya Henry Becomes Human Billboard". Huffington Post Styles. Retrieved 2011-09-28.
- "NEW YORK FASHION MODEL GETS GEEKY". shewearsyourtee.com.
- Milner, Iman (2011-08-11). "Beyond The Stereotype: Tanaya Henry". Edge Magazine. Retrieved 2011-09-28.
- Kennedy, Lesley (2010-02-02). "Model Will Wear Your T-Shirt and Promote Your Brand for a Small Fee". Stylelist.com News. Retrieved 2011-09-28.
- "Pay A Model For Your Shirt On Her Back". CocoPerez.com. Retrieved 2011-02-03.
- "Fashion Jewelry Trends: Lace by Tanaya". BijouTresor.com. Retrieved 2011-08-02.
- "Interview with Tanaya Henry, Model & Designer of Lace by Tanaya". LA Fashion Report. Retrieved 2011-07-18.
- "Tanaya Henry - IMDb". IMDb.com. Retrieved 8 September 2014.