From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Tanbur (disambiguation))
The word Tambura refers to several stringed musical instruments:
- The Tanbur long-necked, string instrument originating in the Southern or Central Asia (Mesopotamia and Persia/Iran). This is the main article that speaks about the origins, types and variants of tanbur.
- The Iranian tanbur (Kurdish tanbur) used in Ahl-e Haqq rituals.
- The Turkish tambur instrument played in Turkey and Xinjiang.
- The yaylı tambur is also played in Turkey.
- The Tanpura (instrument) in India, used as a drone instrument.
- The Tambura (instrument) played in Macedonia and Bulgaria.
- The Tamburica (Tamboura or tamburrizza) instruments, any member of a family of long-necked lutes popular in Eastern and Central Europe.
- The Tambouras instrument in Greece.
- The Tanbūra (lyre) instrument in East Africa and the Middle East.
The word may also refer to:
- The Tambura River in Romania.
- Tumbura, a town in South Sudan.
- Tumbura Airport, an airport serving the above town.
- "Tambura", a hidden track from P.O.D.'s album The Fundamental Elements of Southtown
- The Pandura instrument played in Ancient Greece and some other ancient civilisations, from the Mediterranean basin.
- The Domra, Russian instrument
- Bandura, Ukrainian instrument
- Dombra, instrument in Kazakhstan, Siberia, and Mongolia
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.