|Industry||Computer data storage|
|Pat Clarke (CEO)|
Number of employees
|350 (Jan 2012)|
|Slogan||Securing your Information|
Tandberg Data GmbH is a company focused on data storage products, especially streamers, headquartered in Dortmund, Germany. They are the only company still selling drives that use the QIC (also known as SLR) and VXA formats, but also produce LTO along with autoloaders, tape libraries, NAS devices, RDX Removable Disk Drives, Media and Virtual Tape Libraries.
- Tandberg radio factory was founded in Oslo on January 25, 1933 by Vebjørn Tandberg.
- In 1970 Tandberg produces its first tape drives.
- In 1979 Tandberg Data is established as the original Tandbergs Radiofabrikk is dissolved into separate companies.
- In 1981 Tandberg becomes a founding member of QIC committee for standardising interfaces and recording formats, and produces its first streaming linear tape drive.
- In 1984 Tandberg Data goes public.
- In 2003 Tandberg Storage and its subsidiary O-Mass split and became separate companies, also listed on Oslo Stock Exchange. Tandberg Data is the largest owner of Tandberg Storage with a 33.48% stake.
- On August 30, 2006, Tandberg Data purchased the assets of Exabyte. Combined revenue is expected to be USD 215 Million for 2006.
- On May 15, 2007, Tandberg Data sold all remaining Tandberg Storage shares.
- On January 9, 2008, Pat Clarke was promoted CEO of Tandberg Data.
- On September 12, 2008, Tandberg Data announced the reacquisition of Tandberg Storage.
- On April 24, 2009, Tandberg Data ASA and Tandberg Storage ASA filed for bankruptcy.
- On May 19, 2009, Tandberg Data announced that the new holding company, TAD Holding AS, was established, owning all global Tandberg Data subsidiaries, including Tandberg Storage ASA. Cyrus Capital is the majority shareholder and owner of the newly established company. Operations in Norway continue in the newly formed company Tandberg Data Norge AS 
Other Tandberg companies
- Tandbergs Radiofabrikk – The original Tandberg company.
- Tandberg – The parent company that spun off Tandberg Data. It now focuses on video conferencing.
- Tandberg Storage – The storage research and development company spun off from Tandberg Data.
- For other Tandberg companies see Tandberg (disambiguation)
- "Konkursåpning". Brønnøysundsregistrene. Retrieved April 25, 2009.
- "Tandberg Data Completes Restructuring". IT Wire. Retrieved May 22, 2009.
- "Nøkkelopplysninger fra Enhetsregisteret: Tandberg Data Norge AS". Brønnøysundsregistrene. Retrieved July 24, 2009.