|Taner Yildiz at the World Economic Forum on the Middle East, North Africa and Eurasia in 2012.|
|Minister of Energy and Natural Resources|
1 May 2009
|Prime Minister||Recep Tayyip Erdoğan|
|Preceded by||Mehmet Hilmi Güler|
April 3, 1962 |
Devecipınar, Boğazlıyan, Yozgat Province, Turkey
|Political party||Justice and Development Party (AKP)|
|Alma mater||Istanbul Technical University|
|Profession||Politician, electrical engineer|
Taner Yıldız (born 3 April 1962, Devecipınar, Boğazlıyan, Yozgat Province) is a Turkish politician. He is a member of the Justice and Development Party and currently the Minister of Energy and Natural Resources.
Taner Yıldız graduated from the Istanbul Technical University as an electrical engineer and worked for the Kayseri Electricity Generation Company. He was elected to the Parliament in 2002. Yıldız served as an energy adviser to the prime minister Recep Tayyip Erdoğan. On 1 May 2009, after a reshuffle of the cabinet, he took the post of Minister of Energy and Natural Resources.
Yıldız is married and has four children.
- Turkish Energy Minister to visit Azerbaijan, Trend (English), 01/20/2011, retrieved 01/20/2011.
- Iran eyes Europe gas market through Turkey, Trend, (English), 01/09/2011, retrieved 01/20/2011.
- Turkish energy minister due to Iran, Trend (English), 01/07/2011, retrieved 01/20/2011.
- Turkey in talks with France over nuclear plant, Trend (English), 01/07/2011, retrieved 01/20/2011.
- Turkey and Japan sign Memorandum of Understanding on construction of nuclear power plant, Trend (English), 12/25/2010, retrieved 01/20/2011.
- Minister: Turkey paid about $1 billion for Azerbaijani gas from Shah Deniz, Trend (English), 12/24/2010, retrieved 01/20/2011.
- Energy minister of Georgia and Turkey to discuss electricity transmission line, Trend (English), 12/12/2010, retrieved 01/20/2011.
- Minister: Turkey determined to continue oil, gas trade with Iran, Trend (English), 10/02/2010, retrieved 01/20/2011.
Mehmet Hilmi Güler
|Minister of Energy and Natural Resources
1 May 2009 – present
|This article about a Turkish politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|