Tanglin Secondary School
|Tanglin Secondary School
Strive for Success
|301 West Coast Road, Singapore 127391,|
|Principal||Mdm. Aini Maarof|
Tanglin Secondary School which was located at Commonwealth Avenue in the area called Tanglin Halt, was officially opened on 16 October 1964 by Mr Ong Pang Boon, Minister of Education and MLA for Telok Ayer. The school was previously known as Tanglin Integrated Technical Secondary School (TISTS) also known as the 'RI of the West' (RI stands for Raffles Institution). Many changes took place with the first school to introduce fencing and female student enrolment. It was switched later to the Chinese medium pre-university classes, renamed t Tanglin Secondary School and relocated to the new campus at West Coast.
In 2004, Tanglin introduced the Dance Programme (Ballet, Jazz and Hip Hop) for the Lower Secondary boys and girls. Students performed on stage to showcase their dance during the annual ACES Day. The school formed a dance team and trained for competitions.
In 2006, Tanglin had its first drama presentation at its Annual Arts @ Tanglin in Singapore Polytechnic Convention Centre. It was titled 'An Enemy of the people' (one of the literature books for 2006 and 2007 GCE 'O' level Examinations).
In 2008, Tanglin had its second musical production ("A Chorus Line") The performance was held at the University Cultural Centre(UCC), National University of Singapore(NUS) in February for the public.
In 2010, Tanglin had its third musical production ("Wizard Of Oz") The performance was held at the Republic Polytechnic campus in January for the public.
- 1964-1968: Mr. Wu Tsung Kan
- 1969-1970: Mr. Chee Keng Leong
- 1971-1973: Mr. Lim Nai Yan
- 1974-1989: Mr. Su Wei Cher
- 1989-1992: Mr. Lee Kah Chuen
- 1993-1995: Mr. Yang Chey Way
- 1995-1998: Mrs. Tang-Chan Yueh Tarn
- 1999-2002: Ms. Priscilla Ng Chey Keng
- 2003-2009: Mrs. Karen Oei Boon Wan
- 2010–present: Mdm. Aini Maarof
- Bias for Engineering (Niche)
- Bias for Arts (Niche)
- Multimedia Digital Science Enrichment
- Y2Y Entrepreneur Incubation Programmes
- School Family Education
- BASICS Character Education
- School Exchange and Twinning Programme
- Music Education Programme for Secondary 1 and 2
- Dance Education for Secondary 1 and 2 boys and girls
- Environmental Education Programme
- Advanced Elective/Elective Module Programme(AEM/EM)
- Applied Graded Subject (AGS)