From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Tani may refer to:
- Abu Tani or Abotani (forefather of all Tani tribes such as Adi,Apatani,Galo,Mising, Nyishi,Tagin) central tribal groups in Arunachal Pradesh,and parts of upper Assam, India.
- Tani is a district in Khost Province, Afghanistan
- Tani is a word in the Hindi language which means "water", synonymous with pani (another Hindi word for water)
- Tani, Prasat a sub-district of Prasat District in Surin Province, North-Eastern Thailand
- Tani Cohen-Mintz, Israeli basketball player
Japanese family name
Also, Tani (谷 which means "valley") is a Japanese family name. It can refer to a number of people, including:
- Hayato Tani, Japanese TV actor
- Ikuko Tani, Japanese actress, voice actress and narrator from Tōkyō
- Kei Tani, Japanese comedian, actor, musician
- Koichi Tani, a Japanese politician serving in the House of Representatives in the Diet (national legislature) as a member of the Liberal Democratic Party
- Ryoko Tani, Japanese Judo Medalist (Wife of Yoshitomo Tani)
- Tateki Tani, Lieutenant General in Meiji Period Japan
- Yoshitomo Tani Japanese Olympian and professional baseball player
Mythology and fiction
- Nang Tani (นางตานี), the female ghost of a banana tree of the Kluai Tani variety in Thai folklore
- Akiko Tani, a minor character of Case Closed (Detective Conan)
- Tanni Grey-Thompson, a British athlete
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.