|Full name||Tanju Çolak|
|Date of birth||November 10, 1963|
|Place of birth||Samsun, Turkey|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only.
† Appearances (Goals).
Club career 
He made his debut for Samsun Yolspor. From there he was transferred to Samsunspor in 1981 where he was the top scorer in both the 1985–86 and 1986–87 seasons. Çolak then moved to Galatasaray in the end of 1986–87 season. He was the top scorer in Europe with 39 goals in the 1987–88 season. At the same time, he was awarded the European Golden Boot given by France Football. He is the only Turkish footballer to date to win this award. Çolak became the top scorer again in the 1991–92 season, and transferred to rivals Fenerbahçe at the end of the season.
He had a lifetime total of 240 goals and took over the title of top goal scorer in the Turkish Super League by breaking the legendary record of Metin Oktay. He had scored the most goal with 240 goals at only 9 seasons, which were 1982–83 and between the 1985–93 seasons. His record was broken by Hakan Şükür in 2007–08 season at 17 seasons. Çolak, dubbed "Bay Gol" (Mr. Goal), finished his career at İstanbulspor with a legacy as a good striker who had his career damaged by criminal scandals.
During and after his time as a striker, he set the standards to which every Turkish forward is held. His positioning and finishing abilities were comparable only to the best scorers of all time, however, due to the shortness of his career, and the ultimate lack of success of both Turkish club and national teams caused him to be relatively unknown outside Turkey.
International career 
Personal life 
He was deputy candidate of Beylikdüzü municipality for MHP in 2009, but wasn't elected.
- Süper Lig: 1
Career achievements 
- Lifetime goal total (240 in 252 matches) which was a Turkish league record for highest goals scored by a single player in the league. On 3 September 2007, this record was broken by Hakan Şükür. *Most goals in a season (39 in 1987–1988 at Galatasaray);
- Most goals in a match (6 in 1992–1993 at Fenerbahçe);
- 5 times top league scorer (1985–1986, 1986–1987, at Samsunspor – 1987–1988, 1990–1991 at Galatasaray – 1992–1993 at Fenerbahçe);
- European top scorer 3rd place (33 goals in 1985–1986 at Samsunspor);
- European top scorer 1st place (39 goals in 1987–1988 at Galatasaray);
- European top scorer 2nd place (31 goals in 1990–1991 at Galatasaray).
|European Golden Boot
|Super League top scorer