- For the film, see Tanner Hall (film)
|Home Mountain||Big Mountain.MT|
|Date of Birth||October 26, 1983|
|Park City Resort|
|Competitor for the United States|
|X Games Medal Record|
|Men's Freestyle Skiing|
|Gold||2001 Mount Snow||Big Air|
Chris Hall's brother. In 2002 Tanner Hall co-founded the freeride ski company Armada Skis with skier JP Auclair and photographer Chris O'Connell. Hall is also part owner of the snowcat ski hill Retallack near Nelson, BC, Canada, along with skier Seth Morrison.
In March 2005 while attempting a switch cork 900, over the legendary Chad's Gap in Wasatch backcountry, Utah, he pulled up short, hit the knuckle and then ragdolled down the landing, breaking both ankles. His injuries put him out for the rest of the season but returned in 2006 to win gold at both the US Freeskiing Open and the Winter X-Games.
After overshooting a jump at Stevens Pass, in May 2009, in Washington, he has been on hiatus for just over a year. He suffered from tibial plateau fractures and ACL tears in both knees. Hall returned to training on trampolines during summer 2010.
In 2012, Tanner Hall returned to competition and won the halfpipe competition at the Freeski Open NZ.
Hall embraces the Rasta culture and supports the marijuana lifestyle. His DaKine line is called THC, which stand for the "Tanner Hall Collection" but is a play on the abbreviation for tetrahydrocannabinol, the psychoactive substance in cannabis.
Hall is the co-founder of Inspired Media Concepts, a film and record company that focuses on rasta music and producing ski movies and webisodes.
He is known to type in all capitalised letters in lieu of a more traditional use of the English language. There has not yet been a verified reason as to why Hall types in this way, but the phenomenon can be witnessed on his FaceBook, Twitter and personal website. This style of writing was first seen after Hall's accident at Chads Gap.
After being partnered for 11 years, Red Bull dropped their sponsorship of Tanner Hall at the Red Bull High Performance ski camp in New Zealand on August 29, 2012.
- 2009:Won Male Skier of the year in Powder Magazines 2009 skiers poll
- 2009: Wins first Winter Dew Tour Halfpipe cup after winning 2/3 stops
- 2008: Wins Gold in ESPN Winter X Games-Superpipe at Winter X Games XII. Making it his 3rd Straight Gold medal at X-Games, and currently setting the record with a total of 7 Winter X-Games gold medals.
- 2006: Gold US Freeskiing Open - Superpipe, Gold ESPN Winter X Games - Superpipe and Powder Video Awards - Worst Slam and Best Male performance.
- 2005: Silver ESPN Winter X Games-Slopestyle, Silver Medal ESPN Winter X Games-Superpipe, Gold US Freeskiing Open-Superpipe and Silver US Freeskiing Open-Slopestyle.
- 2004: Gold ESPN Winter X Games-Slopestyle, 1st BMW X3 Freeski Invitational, 1st World Skiing Invitational-Halfpipe, 2nd Taco World Superpipe Championships and Silver US Freeskiing Open-Superpipe.
- 2003: Gold ESPN Winter X Games-Slopestyle, Silver ESPN Winter X Games-Superpipe, Gold US Freeskiing Open-Slopestyle, 1st World Superpipe Championships, 1st Ultimate Bumps&Jumps-big air, 1st Park City All-Stars Rail Jam, 1st West Coast Invitational-jib jam, 2nd World Skiing Invitational-big air, Silver US Freeskiing Open-Big air, 2nd Ultimate Bumps&Jumps-superpipe and 2nd Paul Mitchell Huck & Roll-halfpipe.
- 2002: Gold ESPN Winter X Games-Slopestyle, Gold US Freeskiing Open-Slopestyle, 1st World Skiing Invitational -Big Air, 1st Cham Jam, France-slopestyle, Gold in High Times smoke off, 1st Ultimate Bumps&Jumps-superpipe, 2nd Ultimate Bumps&Jumps-big air, 2nd. Ultimate Bumps&Jumps-moguls and Silver US Freeskiing Open-Big Air.
- 2001: Gold ESPN Winter X Games-Big Air, Silver Core Xtreme Games-quarterpipe, Silver Core Xtreme Games-big air, 1st Winter X Qualifier-big air and Bronze US Freeskiing Open-Slopestyle.
- Poor Boyz Productions
- Everday is a Saturday (2009)
- Reasons (2008)
- Session 12:42
- Happy Dayz
- The Education Of Style (2012)
- Retallack: The Movie (2011)
- Like a Lion The Tanner Hall Story (2010) - Directors: Eric Iberg, Shane Nelson
- RE: Session (2009)
- The Massive (2008)
- Believe (2008)
- Show & Prove
- Pop Yer Bottlez
- WSKI 106
- The GAME
- The Front Nine
- High Society
- Teddybear Crisis
- Strike Three
- The Realm
- Second Generation
- The Funkshow Diaries
- Area 51
- 41 Degrees
- Mind the Addiction
- Subject to Change
- Dreon, Nicole (2009-12-14). "Tanner Hall Out Of Winter X". ESPN. Retrieved 2010-11-03.
- "About Us | Retallack".
- "Tanner Hall". Mpora Pure Action Sports. Retrieved August 3, 2011.
- Gomez, Brian (2008-01-27). "X-Games notes: Hall, Holland win again". The Colorado Springs Gazette. Retrieved 2010-11-03.
- "Hall wins gold in superpipe". Lodi News-Journal. Associated Press. 2006-02-01. Retrieved 2010-11-03.