Taos Regional Airport
|Taos Regional Airport|
|IATA: TSM – ICAO: KSKX – FAA LID: SKX|
|Owner||Town of Taos|
|Serves||Taos, New Mexico|
|Elevation AMSL||7,095 ft / 2,163 m|
Taos Regional Airport (IATA: TSM, ICAO: KSKX, FAA LID: SKX) is a public-use airport located eight nautical miles (15 km) northwest of the central business district of Taos, in Taos County, New Mexico, United States. It is owned by the Town of Taos. According to the FAA's National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems for 2009–2013, it is classified as a general aviation airport.
Although many U.S. airports use the same three-letter location identifier for the FAA and IATA, this airport is assigned SKX by the FAA and TSM by the IATA (which assigned SKX to Saransk Airport in Saransk, Russia).
Taos Regional Airport covers an area of 832 acres (337 ha) at an elevation of 7,095 feet (2,163 m) above mean sea level. It has one runway designated 4/22 with an asphalt surface measuring 5,803 by 75 feet (1,769 x 23 m).
For the 12-month period ending April 7, 2009, the airport had 13,250 aircraft operations, an average of 36 per day: 95% general aviation, 3% air taxi, and 2% military. At that time there were 43 aircraft based at this airport: 88% single-engine, 5% multi-engine and 7% ultralight.
Airlines and destinations
|New Mexico Airlines||Albuquerque Pending FAA Approval of the Airport for use of Passenger Service|
- FAA Airport Master Record for SKX ( PDF). Federal Aviation Administration. Effective 8 April 2010.
- National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems for 2009–2013: Appendix A: Part 4 (PDF, 1.61 MB). Federal Aviation Administration. Updated 15 October 2008.
- "Taos, New Mexico - Taos Regional (IATA: TSM, ICAO: KSKX, FAA: SKX)". Great Circle Mapper. Retrieved 20 May 2010.
- "Saransk, Russia (IATA: SKX, ICAO: UWPS)". Great Circle Mapper. Retrieved 20 May 2010.
- Taos Regional Airport, official Town of Taos page
- Aerial photo as of 5 October 1997 from USGS The National Map
- FAA Terminal Procedures for SKX, effective December 11, 2014
- Resources for this airport: