Tapan (community development block)
তপন সমষ্টি উন্নয়ন ব্লক
|Community development block|
|• Total||441.10 km2 (170.31 sq mi)|
|• Density||510/km2 (1,300/sq mi)|
|• Official||Bengali, English|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Balurghat|
|Vidhan Sabha constituency||Tapan, Gangarampur|
Tapan (community development block) is an administrative division in Balurghat subdivision of Dakshin Dinajpur district in the Indian state of West Bengal. Tapan police station serves this block. Headquarters of this block is at Tapan.
Tapan is located at.
As per 2001 census, Tapan block has a total population of 226,027, out of which 115,840 were males and 110,187 were females. Tapan block registered a population growth of 20.90 per cent during the 1991-2001 decade. Decadal growth for the district was 22.11 per cent. Decadal growth in West Bengal was 17.84 per cent.
- "Contact details of Block Development Officers". Dakshin Dinajpur district. West Bengal Government. Retrieved 2011-03-11.
- "Provisional Population Totals, West Bengal , Table 4". Census of India 2001, Dakshin Dinajpur district (05). Census Commissioner of India. Retrieved 2011-03-11.
- "Dakshin Dinajpur". Rivers. District administration. Retrieved 2011-03-11.
- "BRGF Allotment Order No. 4". Government of West Bengal - Department of Panchayats & Rural Development. Retrieved 2011-03-11.
- "Provisional Population Totals, West Bengal. Table 4". Census of India 2001. Census Commission of India. Retrieved 2011-03-11.