|This article does not cite any references or sources. (April 2012)|
Tape phase compositions generally make little use of tonality owing to the difficulty of producing and maintaining a coherent pitch. They may have a strong pulse and rhythm, as in the work of Steve Reich, or may be free form in this regard, as in the work of Jimi Hendrix.
- It's Gonna Rain (Reich, 1965).
- Come Out (Reich) (Reich, 1966).
- ...And the Gods Made Love (Hendrix, 1968).
- Moon, Turn the Tides...Gently Gently Away (Hendrix, 1968).
- Revolution 9 (The Beatles, 1969).
|This music-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|