Tapihritsa (c 7th ~ 8th century) (or Tapahritsa; Wylie: Ta pi hri tsa) is a Bönpo who achieved the Dzogchen mastery of the rainbow body and consequently, as a fully realised Trikaya Buddha, is invoked as a yidam.
John Myrdhin Reynolds has published "Space, Awareness, and Energy" (2007), which is a study of the origins of Bön Dzogchen in Western Tibet and Central Asia and contains translations of primary texts that showcase Tapihritsa.
Tapihritsa is often visualized as representing the realization of all the masters of the Zhang Zhung Nyen Gyu lineage, one of the three Bön Dzogchen lineages.
- http://www.kabirkadre.com/study/prose/Tenzin/Tapihritsa.htm (accessed: Saturday, February 10, 2007)
- http://www.ligmincha.org/program/description/tapihritsa.html (accessed: Saturday, February 10, 2007)
- Reynolds, John Myrdhin (2005). The Oral Tradition from Zhang-Zhung: An Introduction to the Bonpo Dzogchen Teachings of the Oral Tradition from Zhang-Zhung known as the Zhang-zhung snyan-rgyud. Kathmandu, Vajra Publishers. ISBN 99946-644-4-1 (paperback).
- A Prayer to Tapi[hrih]tsa Aum Ah Hung Phet Svaha
- http://bon-encyclopedia.wikispaces.com/page/xml/Tapihritsa?v=atom_1_0 (Sunday, February 25, 2007)