|Industry||eCommerce, Virtual goods and currencies, casual gaming|
|Headquarters||111 Sutter St.
San Francisco, California
|Key people||Steve Wadsworth, CEO|
|Products||Mobile app advertising and publishing platform (via incentivized virtual goods)|
Tapjoy is a monetization and distribution services provider for mobile applications. Its business model allows players to install an application in place of making an in-game payment. The foregone payment is borne by the maker of the other application, who benefits, for example, through improved rankings in virtual marketplaces such as Apple's App Store.
- "Alternative Payment Services Ride the Freemium App Boom" GigaOm
- Gobry, Pascal-Emmanuel (1 June 2011). "The Truth About Tapjoy And Other Networks That Bribe You To Install Games On Your iPhone". Business Insider. Retrieved 11 May 2012.
- "Games by Tapjoy" Apple AppStore
- Tapjoy Website
- CrunchBase entry for Tapjoy
- "Tapjoy Fuels Glu’s Gun Bros Freemium App" - Glu case study with Tapjoy
- Facebook page for Tapjoy
- Youtube Channel for Tapjoy
- LinkedIn page for Tapjoy
|This United States corporation or company article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|